𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

CHAPTER NINE:

A PASSIONATE NIGHT

It was still dark outside in Kings Landing, the nighttime air and the sky being seen all around for the many living things in the large kingdom

It was still dark outside in Kings Landing, the nighttime air and the sky being seen all around for the many living things in the large kingdom. Only a little bit of time had gone by since the royal family had dinner together, and they had all gone back to their own chambers, ready to sleep before the next day would come.

The guards continued walking around throughout the halls of Red Keep, keeping an eye out for any trespasser that was to come into their walls and try to harm any member of the royal family for the time being while they were sleeping soundly in their beds.

The lights were dim in Y/n's chambers, the moonlight shining through her windows as the said princess prepared herself to head to bed. The brunette girl could be seen in her nightgown, hair in one hand and brush in the other as she soothed out the knots in her brunette locks.

A frown laid on her lips as she remembered Aemond's words towards her brother's from earlier in the dining hall, those words that had caused another ruffle between the children of their family once again, the last one being six years ago when Prince Aemond Targaryen had lost his eye to Lucerys Velaryon.

As she finished brushing the last bit of her hair, a knock on her chamber doors had the princess looking in the direction of the doors, brows furrowing as she wondered who it could be. She could only assume it was a handmaiden or one of the guards, needing to tell her something that someone had told them to say to her.

Y/n places her brush down on her nightstand, venturing over and opening up the door. Instead of a handmaiden or a guard, Aemond stood with his lips pursed like usual as he had his back turned to her. However, he turned back around to face her when he heard the door open.

"Aemond." Y/n murmurs, clenching her jaw. "What do you want?"

"May I come in?" Aemond questions.

His violet eye watched as she seemed to contemplate his question, wondering if she should say yes and let him into her chambers or decline and close the door on his face. He wouldn't blame her if she did that. Luckily for him, she looked down at her feet and stepped off to the side, opening the door more.

Aemond took his time entering, looking around at the chambers she had been staying in ever since her and her family had arrived. As his eyes casted to her bed, he couldn't help but think that once they were married, they'd be sleeping in the same bed together ever single night.

As well as other things.

Just as he was turning around to face her, opening his mouth, his head was moved to the side as a slap sound echoed throughout her once quiet chambers. Aemond felt the sting of his betroths slap on his cheek, feeling it burn as it would no doubt leave a red mark there for a little bit. He deserved that, he knew it.