𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

CHAPTER FIVE:

A TARGARYEN WEDDING

The night sky was still very evident upon Driftmark, having gotten darker as time passed by while the moonlight shined down on one out of the many kingdoms within the realm, many sleeping soundly in their beds as they hid from the moonlight shine,...

The night sky was still very evident upon Driftmark, having gotten darker as time passed by while the moonlight shined down on one out of the many kingdoms within the realm, many sleeping soundly in their beds as they hid from the moonlight shine, having no idea about the incident that had happened between the children from Kings Landing. In the room, guards could be seen as they stood around the king while Aemond sat in a chair, his eye being tended to by a maester.

Alicent was crouched beside her son in concern, her two eldest children standing behind her. A few feet away, Y/n held her little brothers in her arms as Baela and Rhaena stood just near them, blood still evident on their faces. Y/n felt guilt course through her of what had happened to her brothers but also Aemond. She felt like she could've prevented this from happening, remembering she was pleading to Aemond to stop but when she had seen him hurt her brothers more and without a care, she had felt herself fight back, her mind instantly going to her family first.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen?" Viserys questions. "I will have answers."

"The princes and princess were supposed to be abed, My King." Ser Harrold informs.

"Who had the watch?" Viserys asks.

"Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace." Ser Criston states.

Viserys stands up, clenching his jaw in anger. "You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!"

"The Kingsguard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace." Criston reminds.

"That is no answer!" Viserys shouts.

"It will heal, will it not, maester?" Alicent questions.

The maester sighs. "The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace."

The sound of a gasp of shock and devastation leaving the queen could be heard as she realized that her youngest son would forever only have one eye with a scar reminding him of what happened, silently blaming Rhaenyra's children. Standing up from her crouched position, her saddened eyes turned into angry ones when she looked over at her eldest child, marching straight over to him while the tears pooled in her gaze, all while Aegon's eyes widened when he noticed her angry gaze right on him.

"Where were you?" Alicent sneers in question.

"Me?" Aegon murmurs in confusion, receiving a harsh slap to his cheek from his mother. "What was that for?"

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool." Alicent snarls.

The sound of a door slamming open echoed throughout the room, followed by Lord Corlys Velaryon's voice as he and his wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, rushed down the stairs and towards their granddaughters.