𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

CHAPTER SEVEN:

THE DEATH OF VAEMOND VELARYON

The usual bright yellow sun could currently be seen hiding behind the clouds at this time of the day, just like how it had been the day before when half of the Targaryen family had came back to Kings Landing after living in Dragonstone for the pas...

The usual bright yellow sun could currently be seen hiding behind the clouds at this time of the day, just like how it had been the day before when half of the Targaryen family had came back to Kings Landing after living in Dragonstone for the past six years. The throne room in the castle of Red Keep was slightly crowded with quite a few different people of the council and other houses as they spoke to one another in hushed voices.

The throne in the room could be seen at the front with Otto Hightower standing in front of it as his eyes glanced around at the crowd, the doors sitting right across from him and the throne made out of swords.

Being seen with her family, Y/n found herself standing beside her mother with Jacaerys on her other side as she looked around the room nervously, playing with her fingernails as her arms sat by her sides. She could feel his gaze on her as he stood with his mother, the Queen Alicent Hightower, and his two older siblings, Helaena and Aegon II Targaryen.

Taking a deep breath in as she lets herself look in the family's direction, she makes eye contact with his violet eye, the other covered by his eyepatch. Aemond smirked when their eyes met before it turned into a little smile as he stared at her while she looked away.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." Otto announces while seating himself down onto the throne. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

Y/n gently squeezes her little brother's shoulder when she noticed him look over at the man and seeing him tense as the family watched Ser Vaemond Velaryon walk out from his spot until he was standing in front of everyone in the throne room, but not before he had taken a glance towards both boys of Rhaenyra that his brother had considered either one of them being heir to Driftmark.

"My Queen. My Lord Hand." Vaemond greets to them. "The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forbearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys' closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins."

"As it does in my children, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra speaks up, making everyone look at her. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant it's rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition."