The girl - for some kind of reason - just wants to be Y/n's friend.

Y/n isn't sure what to make of that but she thinks she likes talking to Sana, even if it's just through meaningless text messages.

Sana keeps telling her those random facts about herself; yesterday she told Y/n that she has a weird phobia and when Y/n asked her what that was, Sana told her to google it.

And because Y/n's an idiot, she did.

Y/n didn't know she could be so damn terrified of holes.

Her phone keeps buzzing today as well and once Y/n checks that there are no customers around she quickly pulls it out to see what's making Sana message her like there's some kind of emergency.

It's all just filled with stupid emojis, the random ones that no one ever uses (Y/n didn't even know there was an emoji of a juggling man) and at the end there's a selfie. Y/n opens it, frowning at the angle of it. It looks like Sana was holding the phone in front of her stomach or something.

The caption says: Do I have weirdly large nostrils?

Y/n types back: Yes.

She immediately receives another selfie; this time one where Sana's pouting.

"Who's got you smiling like that?" Nayeon's face is suddenly right next to her ear.

Y/n jumps and quickly puts her phone away, shaking her head. "I wasn't smiling."

"You looked like one of those drama girls that just received a message from their crush." Her co-worker snickers.

Y/n pushes her head away with a deathly glare on her face which only makes Nayeon laugh harder. "Don't you have work to do?" Y/n snaps, the skin at the back of her neck prickling.

Nayeon gives her a smug look and turns to smile at the girl that walks into the café.

Y/n turns back to cleaning the mixing cups, reaching up to touch her cheeks with a scowl on her face.

She wasn't smiling.

The screen of her phone lights up with more messages from Sana.

Memes.

Sana's sending her memes.

Y/n shuts her phone off for the rest of the day.

-

The entire week passes in a blur. Y/n basically just sleeps, goes to work, gets home, eats and showers, sleeps, goes to work... And then it's already Sunday and the break is over, meaning that her classes are starting again tomorrow.

She hasn't seen any of her friends the entire week; most of them went away to spend their break somewhere in the south where it's warmer anyways and Lisa's been... busy with Jisoo. Y/n isn't really complaining though.

At least this way her best friend won't judge her for spending every night either in front of the TV or with a book on her lap.

Or with her phone in her hands.

Y/n doesn't really know why or how, but Sana and her have been talking constantly and it's just- she doesn't know what to make of it. Sana's good with people, she knows what questions to ask to get them to open up and Y/n guesses that's what she's been doing with Y/n too. She can't really explain why else she would feel so comfortable with the endless back and forth of silly messages.

Usually, if Y/n is texting someone that isn't either her family or friends she'll be rewriting her answer at least ten times, and then check it over and over again for mistakes before finally hitting the "send" button. But with Sana, she doesn't feel the need to do any of that, not even when the girl first texted her last week.