𓊈卍 𝟗𝟗 卍𓊉

Depuis le début

Nakano can sense the panic coming from the two women and does her best to calm them down. "It's alright. We chose to cook today. If you really want to wash the dishes for us, we'll leave you to it."

"We insist, Sano-sama." The maids both bow and they switch places with Nakano and Manjiro.

The couple leaves the kitchen and returns to the loft bedroom to prepare for the day. As Nakano is brushing out her long black hair, Manjiro is getting dressed.

"Have you gotten used to being called Sano, yet?" he asks her in a somewhat teasing manner.

"Not really. My name has changed a lot recently." Nakano smiles as she sets the brush down and starts braiding her hair into her usual side braid. "Hanagaki, Kurokawa, and now, Sano."

"You belong to many families." Nakano feels a weight on her shoulder, and a warm breath at her ear as Manjiro appears behind her. "And maybe soon, we could start our own."

Nakano turns around, eyes wide at his suggestion. "You seriously want to start a family?" Her face then drops. "In a world like this one..?"

"I know this kind of life isn't safe. Not yet, anyway."

"Yet?" Nakano catches sight of him kneeling down next to her at the edge of the bed, as he holds a tender gaze for her. "What do you mean?"

"Once we defeat Kitsune, there will be no one left to oppose us. Our friends will be safe, our families will be safe." Manjiro leans down to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Our kids will be safe. I promise you. I'll defeat Kitsune and give you the life you deserve."

"When we defeat Kitsune," Nakano corrects him as she stands, taking him with her. "We're in this together, remember?"

"I already told you, Kano-chin." Manjiro's gaze hardens. "I won't let you fight anymore. This is my battle now."

"But I-"

"It's final."

Nakano is taken aback by his sudden harshness, but she doesn't think about backing down. "At the very least let me assist in the investigations. I'll work from behind the scenes with Bonten. I'm not going to hole up and do nothing while others fight for me."

Manjiro pauses, regarding her as if he's thinking over her proposal. Ultimately, he lets out a sigh, running a hand through his bleached white hair. "Fine. There's really no stopping you, is there?"

Nakano walks past him, hiding her victorious smile as she heads toward the closet. "Not a chance."

━─━─━━─━「卍」━━─━─━─━

Nakano walks into the meeting room, her hand laced through Manjiro's. Upon their entrance, the executives stand from their seats and stop before they can bow. Some of their faces show shock, while others are impressed with their appearance.

Unlike the usual matching black t-shirt and sweatpants, Manjiro is dressed in a proper suit made up of a black button-up and dress pants, a dark red vest and tie, and a crisp black jacket on top of that. Nakano's colours match his. She wears a red jacket and dress pants, with a black button-up blouse. She also adorns the brooch with the Toman, Black Dragon, and Tenjiku symbols over her heart as she did on the day of her debut in Bonten.

After gawking for a moment, the executives get their shit together and bow to them. "Good morning, Boss, Ma'am."

Manjiro nods at them, and the King and Queen of Bonten at their seats at the head of the table.

The meeting commences, and the problems immediately arise. Takeomi is the first to bring his information to the table.

"One of our clubs got raided early this morning, around 2 am. Kitsune guys shot up the place and left about thirty people dead, including Bonten members, club-goers, and staff."