𓊈卍 𝟔𝟖 卍𓊉

Whack!

Knuckles split.

Whack!

Blood washes away with the rain.

"HAA!!"

Whack!!

"I won't lose!!"

"What are you doing?"

Takemichi stiffens, stopping mid punch as the familiar voice questions him from behind. He immediately whips around to see exactly who he assumed was there. "Chifuyu?!"

The blonde boy is standing under an umbrella, looking at Takemichi with a confused look on his face. "Takemichi?"

"B-but-! What are you doing here?!"

"Well, I was already on my way to see you, but I saw a weirdo punching a wheel."

"I'm-"

"Talking to a tire held up by chains under the pouring rain. I mean, I'm not one to judge but..."

"Shut it!! I'm busy!" Takemichi turns back to face his 'opponent'. "I'm not playing around here!!"

This only confuses Chifuyu more. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm training! HA!!" Takemichi punches the suspended car tire once again. "I have to get stronger than anyone!!" The tire swings back into him, nearly knocking him over. "If I don't get stronger, the future won't change!!"

After taking a moment to process that last statement, Chifuyu widens his eyes in shocked realization. "Uh... You're... The Takemichi from the future!?"

Takemichi nods as he punches the bag again, and again, and again. He continues his 'training' while simultaneously telling him about the wretched future he just came from. Though, all he tells him is how Mikey killed everyone.

"What!? Everyone is dead?! And Mikey-kun killed them all!?"

Takemichi hits the tire with more force, fueled by the butter feelings Chifuyu's simple recap gave him. "That's why I have to become stronger!"

"Uh... By hitting a wheel-?"

"Shut up!!" There's no time for humor in this training regimen. "Future me left Toman!! Everyone else left too in order to protect me!! I'm so... Pitiful! So in order to stay in Toman, I have to get everyone to acknowledge my strength!!"

A fist flies into the tire once again, but this time, blood visibly flies in multiple directions from the impact. Takemichi winces in pain as tears prick the corners of his eyes, but he sucks it up and keeps swinging.

However, Chifuyu quickly switches to being serious. "Hey!" He grabs Takemichi's arm that was preparing to swing again. "Show me your hands." Upon seeing his friend's split and bleeding knuckles, his eyes widen. "They're all bloody!" He then glances at the much bloodier tire. "You've been doing this all day?"

Takemichi rips his arm out of Chifuyu's grip to throw another punch. 'I'm nowhere near as strong as Nakano. But I still have to do all I can when I'm on my own.'

"Stop it, Takemichi!!" Chifuyu warns him. "Blowing your hands won't make you the strongest!"

"I thought about this a lot with Naoto!!" Takemichi begins pounding out his frustration as tears form in his eyes once again. "What can I do in the past to fix the future to successfully save everyone. We had no idea. We were walking in circles." His voice rises, and his swings quicken and become harder. "Who killed Hina!? Did Mikey really kill everyone!?"

He's suddenly grabbed by the hood and thrown backwards onto the wet cement. "Get a hold of yourself, Takemichi!! Keep it cool."

Takemichi takes a breather as he lays under the darkened sky. The rain pours as he lays in a puddle, completely drenching him.