Chapter 1: Missing Reports

(I took the picture above) :)

     European Union (EU) had one job as an organization, bring countries together, yet it felt like more of an impossible feat than a hassel. After all these years they don't even know how they are still alive from all the trouble they have had just to keep Europe in order. Sometimes they wonder why they were even made at all; afterall, what could they do if war broke out? It doesn't help that Germany had made them either because some of the countries have their heads stuck in the past and have trouble even trusting Germany of all people because of it. Why though? Germany just stays to himself- sure sometimes he lashes out but you can't blame him for that. EU would probably be the same way if they weren't so busy; the year was 2053 and global warming was practically impossible to maintain at this point. It really only seemed like EU, UN (United Nations) and the AU (African Union) were the only ones trying to combat the changing world. 

     EU stared down at the paperwork he still had to do on his desk. His focus right now was the missing reports. Countries have been going missing quite often and EU was the one tasked to solve it. He heard the clock on the wall ticking loudly as 12:00 PM approached. 12:00 PM, his favorite time of the day because that's his break away from missing reports and just work in general. EU glared at the clock in thought. Each second that went by was a second they lost their patience. How could countries just disappear? Magic existed in their world.. EU is one of the lucky ones who has it- infact all the organizations have it. They can control water.. African Union controls flora.. ASEAN controls fire.. UN- well UN doesn't really have a specific magic since he had the ability to use all of them. EU never saw him use any of it often though.

     They glared at the mass of reports and concerns from family and friends. The concerns came in everyday always wanting to know any progress. Sometimes people grew angry and impatient calling out him in general for not doing shit. They huffed frustrated and got up from their rolling chair as soon as possible to stretch and calm down slightly. He realised he glared at the paper too long because he saw spots from the light that reflected off the paper into their eyes. he pushed his chair in and leaned against the back wall of it. They closed their eyes letting the spots go away and even when they did, they still kept their eyes shut. He was getting into the habit of lightly meditating like this to help clear his mind. NATO shared it with him.. said it worked wonders. 

     They breathed in and out for a few minutes before opening his eyes greeted with the work on his desk. Hundreds of notes. Anger. Pain. Worry. Devastation. It was all there infront of Them. Standing straight, they wanted to try a new perspective. Maybe restarting their tracks would uncover a new lead? They thought for a long time trying to retrace their steps in their head, so long infact that they forgot the clock even hit 12. Now their imagination took over, thinking about the terrible outcomes that could have befallen them. 12:10. What if they all were lost? Even worse dead... what if EU couldn't do anything? What if they couldn't solve it? 12:25. They only snapped back to reality (Whoop there goes gravity) when someone gently nudged their shoulder.

    EU: "AH-" 

     EU jumped, almost tripping over a leg of their chair but instinctively caught himself with the desk.

     ??: "I am so sorry! Are you hurt?!" 

     EU fixed his balance and looked over a bit irritated at whoever disturbed him before break. Their anger, however, washed away as quick as it came as soon as they saw their trusted coworker UN. He looked absolutely devastated by what he caused. UN was frozen halfway through failing to catch EU in time and his wings were frilled out. His expression was always easy to read- at least to EU. Today UN's expression was slightly tired but now looked shocked awake from what had just occured.  something in his expression reeked of panic and exhaustion, but not from just now. EU seeing this difference in his co worker immediately focused on getting to the bottom of it. Ignoring UN's question he quickly jumped to the point.