CHAPTER 84 - 'Characters'

Start from the beginning

This was the secret technique of the Imyuntar.

Myung Ilsang’s eyes shone.
“…Huh? You sped up?”

“Huh! That’s teacher wolf skill!” The twins seemed to realize Kim Dokja skill.

Kim Dokja didn’t answer as he focused on enlightenment. From now on, it was a fight against time. The remaining time for Bookmark was 30 minutes.

“Aha, I understand. Is it the skill of those wolves?” Myung Ilsang laughed at Kim Dokja. “Did you receive a great enlightenment that allowed you to use this shitty skill?”

“…”

“Do you know? I killed the king of those guys with my own hands.”

Of course I knew. Kim Dokja remembered the creatures of Chronos who died.
Prince Lycaon of the Imyuntar, Parasite Queen Antinus…

The fate of those who survived their destroyed world was to be used in the scenarios unfolding on another planet.

Kim Dokja thought that he would be in the same situation as them if Earth was destroyed.

A Medium Black Fire Cannon shot from Myung Ilsang’s right hand.

The tree branches moved and protect Kim Dokja from Myung Ilsang’s attack.

The snakes like branches keep moving to protect him as soon it turned into ashes.

With Cale help Kim Dokja able to concentrate on the skill he going to use.

「 One wind will meet another wind to form ying and yang. Once again, one wind will meet another wind to form the principles of negative and positive. 」

Kim Dokja used all his imagination and remembered what happened before in the werewolves base to put these words into images.

Hot and cold wind swirled in front of me and the direction of the wind started to twist.

The black fire was deflected once it hit the wind and energy spread in every directions.

All ether attacks were propagated through a medium.

If the root of the medium was dispersed, the attack would have no choice but to go back.

Myung Ilsang looked surprised. “…Pretty good. You must have some talent?”

Myung Ilsang once against started to flee.

[The character ‘Myung Ilsang’ has used Blink Lv. 4.]

It was another Blink.

However, it wasn’t hard for current Kim Dokja to pursue him.

Once Kim Dokja  closed his eyes and concentrated on the wind, he could read everything near him.

He also able the wind seems to directing him to a direction.

Actually it was the Wind Elementals that wanted to help him to defeat Myung Ilsang because of Cale’s request.

Cale also help them to stop Myung Ilsang’s movement with the tree trunks that suddenly come from underground and trying to tied Myung Ilsang.

Kim Dokja ran along the street at a speed that matched Yoo Jonghyuk’s Red Phoenix Shunpo and found Myung Ilsang who trying to release himself from the binding.

He couldn’t continued to get closer to the people randomly and killed some of the people after asking them questions.

But as he still able to keep asking the survivors and released his seals.

Kim Dokja kicked off the steel frame of a building and flew towards Myung Ilsang.

It was a blow that would crush bone but he stood up.

[The twenty-fourth seal of the returnee ‘Myung Ilsang’ has been released.]

His next seal was released by a hair’s breadth.

“…It was ticklish?”
Myung Ilsang spoke in a playful manner.

He believed that he would win anyway.

His wounds were healed by the seal being released and as time went by, more of Kim Dokja magic power was being consumed.
“Hahaha, try to stop me!”

In fact, I couldn’t kill him if I used Way of the Wind as a buff skill. If this alone could defeat the Disaster of Questions, Chronos wouldn’t have perished in the first place. Kim Dokja understand his current limitations.

But he could also see that Myung Ilsang was hiding his flustered self from the tree trunks attack.

I had to do ‘it’. Kim Dokja thought.

The problem was…how long Cale Henituse able to buy time for me to use this technique. Kim Dokja try to calculate his plan.

Huh? Something suddenly fell from the sky diagonal to me. It looked like a descending hawk as it pierced through the air towards Myung Ilsang. Kim Dokja try to identify the figure that getting closer from above.

Boom.

There was a terrible explosion and a small crater appeared.

A familiar person was seen where Myung Ilsang was lying on the ground as the tree trunks started to stop his movements.

Kim Dokja looked at the man with a wide mouth and muttered, “…Yoo Jonghyuk?”

Didn’t this bastard say he would take two days to recover? Kim Dokja looked at the approaching Yoo Jonghyuk and reflexively stepped back. Surely he wasn’t planning to hit me right now?

However, Yoo Jonghyuk stopped a few steps in front of Kim Dokja and turned around.

“Get started.” Yoo Jonghyuk stood before Kim Dokja as if he knew what he was trying to do. “I’ll buy some time.”

Han Sooyoung muttered on Kim Dokja behalf from behind as run to chase both of them. “Ha, shit. As expected from the protagonist…”

But unlike her words, Yoo Jonghyuk appeared to be in a dangerous state.

His body was still unsteady and the blood vessels on his body were still bulging.

Meanwhile, Myung Ilsang who still struggling to get up from the crater, laughing while coughing up blood.
“Ah, it is a bit annoying…”

He wasn’t badly damaged despite the impact.

And although he was annoyed by the snakes like tree trunks that keep popping up from the ground and trying to suppress his movements but it seems to losing its effect on him.

As he getting stronger after he released the seal, he was able to easily destroy the tree trunks.

It was unbelievable that he was on the weak side of the ‘returnees’ who would appear.

Myung Ilsang able to get out from the  crater and Yoo Jonghyuk met him.

Then Kim Dokja invoked Way of the Wind.

「 Four winds meet and form a defense. Then another four winds are added, making it the Eight Trigrams. Therefore, wind is everywhere yet exists nowhere.’ 」

It was my turn to use the verse that gave Lycaon enlightenment. Kim Dokja focus himself to the skill.

The mysterious air wall in the shape of an octagon started to swirl.

It was a small dome of space.

The tight seal choked Kim Dokja.

From now on, it was a fight against time.

Yoo Jonghyuk flew back from a blow while Myung Ilsang’s expression hardened.

He finally realized that this wasn’t a game.
“What…?!”

The next moment, all the air in the dome was removed.

Kim Dokja ears became blocked and all sound disappeared.

The wind blew terribly but the dome was as calm as the eye of a storm.

Myung Ilsang opened his mouth.
“…!”

“…?”
He moved his mouth several times but his voice wasn’t heard.

Sound wasn’t possible because there was no medium.

He was in a complete vacuum.

Due to the difference in air pressure, the air in Kim Dokja lungs momentarily escaped.

Kim Dokja quickly sucked it back in.

Outside the dome, Han Sooyoung was shouting something.

[Exclusive skill, Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint stage 2 has been activated!]

「 What is this? 」

Kim Dokja could hear Myung Ilsang’s thoughts.

「 Why don’t I have a voice? Magic? 」
Myung Ilsang was shouting with confusion.

It was natural.

All returnees had a penalty.

This was especially true for returnees who could quickly recover their original strength under certain conditions.

[The penalty of the Disaster of Questions is activated.]

[The power of the returnee ‘Myung Ilsang’ has been weakened.]

[The twenty-fourth seal of the returnee ‘Myung Ilsang’ has been locked.]

「 Uwaaah, no! 」

They had the condition of being ‘weakened’ as easily as they were ‘strengthened.’

[The twenty-third seal of the returnee ‘Myung Ilsang’ has been locked.]

Why did the Disaster of Questions keep asking questions? It was simple. His abilities would weaken if he didn’t ask questions.

「 Shit! Release this! Quickly release it! 」
His fist hit the wall of air many times but the wall didn’t break easily.

In a space without a medium, the black flames didn’t burn.

[The twenty-second seal of the returnee ‘Myung Ilsang’ has been locked.]

A vacuum prison that could be made using Way of the Wind.

This was the optimum strategy against the Disaster of Questions that Kim Dokja knew.

「 Uwaaaaah! 」
Myung Ilsang belatedly rushed towards Kim Dokja.

He thought that the vacuum prison would be broken if I died but it wasn’t the case. This was a place that I made.
Kim Dokja used Way of the Wind to avoid his attack and quickly reduced the area of the prison.

Some of the winds inside the prison move independently and protect Kim Dokja.
Is Cale Henituse using his skills to help me? He’s really too overpower. Kim Dokja felt a bit relieved as he knew that Cale is helping him.

Once the wall shrank, I made a narrow passage and escaped outside the dome with Yoo Jonghyuk. Now Myung Ilsang was the only one left inside the dome. Kim Dokja unconsciously grinned as he looked at Myung Ilsang.

「 …You jerk! 」
A returnee wasn’t a returnee for nothing.

The dome cracked a little bit under his power.

Kim Dokja raised his hand and the wind filled in the weak spot.