𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌

Start from the beginning

"She says it's good. Do you want to try it?" Jun-Woong gloated and teased his friend. Seo-Yun momentarily forgot about their situation and stared at Ryung-Gu expectingly, with the same teasing glint in her eyes as Jun-Woong. Ryung-Gu could feel her amusement and tried so hard not to glance at her, knowing he'll melt the moment he sees her honey eyes.

Seo-Yun stifled her laughter as she watched Ryung-Gu hesitantly and reluctantly try Jun-Woong's food. Ryung-Gu turned to Ms Koo in shock and surprise.

"It's actually okay." He admitted and Seo-Yun let out a breathy laugh and shook her head in amusement.

"Come on, hurry up and set the table already." Jun-Woong laughed at Ryung-Gu. Seo-Yun let herself softly smile at Ryung-Gu before looking away and standing up to help Ryeon set the table with Choi-Hui following close behind. Ryung-Gu was left with Jun-Woong who stared at him.

"What?" Jun-Woong look at his friend before glancing to where Seo-Yun had disappeared to.

"You can't hold yourself back from her, you know that right?" Ryung-Gu sighed and chewed softly on his lip, and Jun-Woong smiled at his friend.

"You may be trying to protect her, but you're only getting in your own way from your happiness and hers. You're her happiness, remember that Mr Lim." Jun-Woong said. Ryung-Gu sighed before looking at Jun-Woong.

"Let's get this food ready." After Ryung-Gu's words, neither of them spoke about it any further. Not long after Seo-Yun sat between Ryeon and Choi-Hui just as Jun-Woong brought the last dish.

 "Now that I think about it, have we ever had a meal together as a team?" Jun-Woong asked as he sat down.

"We had that drink one time outside," Ryung-Gu answered and Jun-Woong nodded.

"At that pojangmacha right? The one Seo-Yun goes to?" Seo-Yun looked up and glanced at Ryung-Gu who cleared his throat slightly and nodded.

"So we drank but never ate together. That is a bit weird." Everyone let out a little laugh at that. Jun-Woong looked at Ryeon and Seo-Yun as they took a bite of their food, Seo-Yun glanced at Ryeon who looked over at Jun-Woong with an impressed look.

"This is actually good." Jun-Woong smiled at look at Seo-Yun expectingly, the woman raised a brow and rolled her eyes.

"It's not completely horrible," Seo-Yun said, lying through her teeth because it was really good. Jun-Woong rolled his eyes and pointed at her with his chopsticks.

"Can't you ever be nice? Just for once?" Seo-Yun pretend to think about it before looking at him with an expressionless face.

"No." Seo-Yun's deadpan answer caused Choi-Hui to let out a laugh while the other two reapers looked between the two friends in amusement. The sound of her laugh caused Seo-Yun's facade to crack and she smiled, Jun-Woong sent Seo-Yun a pout to which she returned with a smirk and a wink causing the man to break and chuckle.

"Sitting at a table and eating together like this is joy too.." Choi-Hui suddenly stared and Seo-Yun looked at the teary-eyed women softly.

"So why have I lived, always giving up on these things?" She questioned and Seo-Yun silently looked at her.

"Stop blaming yourself. You need to be reverent before food." Ryeon reassured Choi-Hui and Seo-Yun placed her gloved hand on top of Choi-Hui's and squeezed softly, the younger woman sent her a soft grateful smile. After that everyone began eating while sharing stories and laughter, but the whole time Ryung-Gu kept his gaze on Seo-Yun as he felt waves of her amusement and happiness rock through him. Ms Koo's words came back to him and he wondered.