(2 : 5) Who The Fuck Does This Man Hoe Think He Is { 22 }

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"Oh, you foolish girl! How you could've been hurt!" She yelled, caressing the back of my head tenderly. Harry, I, and Ron stared at each other, but I felt bad for the old Professor so I hugged her back.

"Well, at least nothing happened to me, right?" I said to her, in, weirdly, an older sister type of tone.

"You say that now and then you'd come back with bruises and scars all over your body!" She whined, like a caring younger sister.

"Oh, you silly girl, you think too much of things," Harry and Ron looked at each other weirdly as the words rolled off my tongue easily. McGonagall looked at me in shock and said her next words carefully.

"Don't call me silly when you're the one who did something so reckless," She said warily, almost as if she was testing me.

"Reckless? Maybe. But fun? Bloody hell, yeah." I said, McGonagall smiled softly.

"Oh, how nice it is to see you again, hear you, speak to you," The switch in my brain turned off, and I saw McGonagall as nothing but my professor again.

"Gee, didn't know you missed me that much, Professor." I joked.

McGonagall stood up dangerously and turned to Harry and Ron.

I had seen Professor McGonagall angry on several occasions, but either I had forgotten just how thin her mouth could go, or I had never seen her this angry before. She raised her wand the moment she turned to Harry and Ron.

Harry and Ron both flinched, but she pointed it at the empty fireplace, where flames suddenly erupted.

"Sit," she said, Harry and Ron made their way over to the fireplace when McGonagall suddenly interrupted, "Not you two!" She shouted at them, she turned to me and her expression changed instantly, "You go and take a seat next to the fireplace, dear." She said, softly.

"What? Why do I get to sit and they don't?" I argued. McGonagall gulped for a moment,

"Well- You see- Different circumstances." That was all she said.

"Either I sit with them or I don't sit at all," I stated,

"Still just as chivalrous as before, I guess," She sighed, "Go on then," And so we backed into chairs by the fire.

"Explain," she said to Ron and Harry, her glasses glinting ominously. Ron launched into the story, starting with the barrier at the station refusing to let us through.

"... so we had no choice, Professor, we couldn't get on the train."

"Why didn't you send us a letter by owl? I believe you have an owl?" Professor McGonagall said coldly to Harry. Harry gaped at her. Now she said it, that seemed the obvious thing to have done.

"I – I didn't think –"

"That," said Professor McGonagall, "is obvious." She glared at Harry.

"I too have an owl!" McGonagall ignored me.

There was a knock on the office door and Snape, now looking happier than ever, opened it. There stood the Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore.

My whole body went numb. Dumbledore was looking unusually grave. He looked at me with worried eyes and turned to Professor McGonagall in a hurry.

"It's alright, Albus. She's uninjured." She said, calmly. Professor Dumbledore calmed down and looked at Harry and Ron.

He stared down his very crooked nose at the two.

There was a long silence. Then Dumbledore said,

"Professor McGonagall, please carefully escort Miss Darlington back to her dormitory." My brows furrowed as Professor McGonagall walked towards me.