Late night early morning

Wednesday's pov:

-"Wednesday what the hell!?"
-"what'd I do?"
I ask, confused as me and Enid enter my room.
-"what tournament?? WHY were you just letting Xavier suck up to your parents??"
She asks. I look at her blankly, trying to understand why she's so upset.
-"he wasn't sucking up. I think he was just trying to be cordial and make small conversation. I AM sorry about not informing you of the tournament though"
She rolls her eyes and folds her arms.
-"what'd I do?"
I ask, tilting my head.
-"Xavier likes you and your not doing anything to stop it!"

-"...he knows we're dating though? And even congratulated us. He also speaks highly of our relationship to my parents"
Enid rolls her eyes again.
-"whatever I guess it's nothing, let's just go to bed"
She says, and slowly walks back to her bed. About an hour later I hear Enid giggling on her phone.

Enid's pov:

-"Enid what are you doing?"
I hear Wednesday ask as she turns to look at me from her bed. I'm still kinda pissed about the Xavier thing but I guess I'm no longer upset with her.
-"just texting my friend Emma"
-"who's that?"
-"just a girl I met a while back, she's really pretty"
I reply happily as I respond to some more of her texts.
-"oh is she?"
Wednesday asks, in a salty tone.
-"mhm!"
I reply.

Wednesday scoffs.
-"whatever, Goodnight then"
She says, throwing the sheets over herself.
-"what'd I do?"
-"oh nothing Enid. Nothing at all"
I look in her direction confused but is just so dark I can't see anything. I'd hate to go to bed with her upset at me but honestly I don't understand what I did wrong. Maybe she's just upset cause of how I was acting about the Xavier thing. That's her issue I guess, if necessary me and her can just talk about it tomorrow.

I'm not gonna let this little rivalry between me and Xavier ruin the holidays though, I'm just gonna stick it out till new years and me and Wednesday won't have to see him again until school resumes.

Wednesday's pov:

Well I guess this is why I don't do relationships. Enid has made me question dozens of times why we're even friends so really what made me think dating would be better? Enid's not the type to cheat so that's not really what I'm worried about. It's just this Emma girl, I don't appreciate how Enid texts her so happily and gives her compliments such as calling her pretty. Enid may not see a problem with it but what if this Emma girl likes her?

Thing hops on my bed and curls up in my sheets. I sigh as I take one last look at Enid who's happily texting on her phone. I'll talk to her tomorrow, I hope I don't come off as clingy.

Enid's pov:

I wake up and hear the shower on in the bathroom. Wednesday must be in the shower. I rub my eyes and check the time on my phone.

*6.47 am*

I sigh. I stayed up pretty late, last night was kinda stressful. I check my texts and see two from Emma.

Emma (hot topic sk8er):
-'night Enssss 😊🥰'
....
-'morning cutie 😘'

I smile a bit but turn off my phone as the bathroom door opens.
-"oh. Good morning Enid"
I stare at Wednesday in awe. I swear I must be the luckiest girl on this planet, she's so damn beautiful! She's drying her hair with a towel and looking at me with her intense beautiful eyes. She's gorgeous no doubt but I frown a bit when I realize what she said well...what she didn't say I guess. Wednesday normally calls me all sorts of sweet names and when she's really happy she'll call me sweet things in different languages but no. Today she only addressed me by my name. Did the Xavier thing upset her that much?

-"um hey Wens, you ok?"
She looks at me for a moment then sighs.
-"no I don't think I am"
She replies.
-"what's wrong?"
She's quite for a moment.
-"...is there anything between you and that friend of yours?"
-"Emma?"
She looks more upset as I say her name.
-"Wednesday of course not!"
I yell, standing up. Wednesday stands up as well. This vaguely reminds me of our first argument as roommates. She walk over, places her hands on my shoulders and looks into my eyes. She looks distressed.
-"are you sure?"
I cup her face in my hands and lean down to kiss her.
-"of course I'm sure"

Wednesday's pov:

I'm really getting tired of this stupid "butterfly" feeling. Every time I'm too close to Enid I feel like I am overheated and die. I look away and remove her hands from my face.
-"ok I believe you"
She smiles.
-"Wednesdayyyy are you flustered?"
She asks in a teasing tone.
-"am not!"
-"are too! Wow Wednesday Addams flustered, craz-"
I throw a pillow at her and she falls back on her bed and starts laughing. I roll my eyes and smile to myself a bit.
-"alright well hurry up and get ready, we're going shopping"
-"oh yeah I kinda forgot about that. Seriously Wens, we don't have to"

-"it's no problem, besides we need to get everyone fencing uniforms"
-"oh yeah, so the others are coming as well?"
She asks. I sigh a bit.
-"yeah it was supposed to be just us two but then I was reminded of the tournament"
-"ohh ok, I'll get dressed then"
She says walking to the closet. She then peaks her head out.
-"yes?"
I ask, confused and a devilish smile grows on her face.
-"wanna come help?"
She asks and I instantly throw another pillow at her.

-"you pervert!"
She laughs a bit.
-"I'm just teasing!...well unless you'd actually like t-"
-"ENID!"
I yell, my face a bright red. She laughs.
-"alright alright, I've messed with ya enough"
She then goes back into the closet.