13 💻 Amazon Books | Designing Your Book's Skeleton

Okay let's look at how to actually begin compiling your shit into the book you want to sell.

It is super important, especially for picture books, that you know what you want, before you start. Fam, I can't stress enough how important this step is. You will regret it later, if you just plow on in without understanding these things, and you will tear your hair out of your scalp when you have to try and excruciatingly fix it after the fact to meet the requirements.

It will take hours, and there is a high likelihood that if you try to fix these things afterwards, you may not end up with a very nice looking product.

Speaking from experience.

Hopefully, though, you're still reading, and hopefully, for most of you, this initial step will begin with choosing a template for your final work.

Say, for whatever reason, you want your final product to be an A4 sized picture book.

Let me stress now:

The pages you draw on in the writing stages, will NOT be A4 sized!

Please! Don't be like me. I spent almost longer resizing my shit, than I did drawing the goddamn thing. It was painstaking and it was excruciating, and it is absolutely a fuck up you only make once.

I'll get into how we can address this, but please. Don't jump ahead. It might come back to bite you later on.

There are literally so many resources out there for this, and yet when I tell you they were all useless

There are literally so many resources out there for this, and yet when I tell you they were all useless... 🫥

I don't know, fam. Maybe I'm just super dumb, but I just had no idea what anyone was talking about. I did eventually work it out though, and so here it is from the start.