Take Them- Part 2

Start from the beginning

"When my mum being dragged away, she called out to me. She told me to say a prayer, even though I was scared. And she told me not to worry about her or dad, because even if they weren't with me, Jehovah would be." SJ sniffles and wipes his eyes.

"Did you?" He asked.

"I did. My two cats and my dog were there, after they took my parents. I prayed with them. Then...then I had to leave them, and go with the soldier." Zephyr's eyes tear up as he thinks of his pets sad eyes watching him leave them behind.

He hears a small voice pipe up. A girl around six or seven with hair similar to his mother's. "I had to leave my doggie too. Her name was Coco."

"A lot of us had to leave our pets Zephyr." Said SJ sadly.

Suddenly, an idea pops into Zephyr's head. "Hey! Why don't we all say a prayer 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. Like my mum said. After I said the prayer, I felt so much calmer..still sad but I wasn't so scared. Whataya guys say?" He glances around the group of young witness children.

"I say let's do it!" SJ says pumping a fist in the air.
"Shhh! SJ, we have to be quiet, not too loud. Or we'll be separated.

"Oh! Oops. Sorry! He says his voice dramatically dropping his voice to a whisper. Zephyr smiles at his new friend.

"Okay, everyone gather round and hold hands...uh..if that's not weird for everyone." He adds quickly. All the kids shake their heads then join hands. The security woman glances at the children forming a circle joining hands.

"Hey! What are you kids doing?!" She walk over and glares at the group of children, their faces nervous. Zephyr's steps forward. His voice is calm and level.

"We're saying a prayer." The woman peers down at him tight lipped.
"Ahh you. The 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓."

"All we want to do is say a prayer, we won't cause a commotion. I promise." She stares at him but he hold her gaze.

"Very well, but make it quick. I can't have Pete walking back in here with a bunch of kids with their heads bowed." A big grin spreads across Zephyr's face.

"Thank you!" With that he gathers the witness children around him and leads them in a prayer.

***

The car stops and parks in the car park, in front of a small prison. Ica is led through the doors and  told to sit in the lobby. The soldier beings conversing with the man at the desk. Meanwhile Ica looks around. There is another woman sitting in the lobby with her. She has shoulder length gray hair, pale blue eyes, and a slender aged face. Her brow is creased with worry. 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒇 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍. She looks at one and flashes her a smile and she smiles back.

"Hi!" She says keeping her voice low. "Are you a witness too?" The woman nods.
"Yes my name is Antoinette. Soldiers broke into my home. Took me and my husband."

"Same with me. They took my husband too, and my son. I hope they are alright. They roughed up my husband and we were dragged away from our son. My poor Zephie bears. I wonder where he is right now."

"Hey! You two! Quiet!" Barks one of the men. Both Antoinette quickly stop their conversation. After several minutes a guard comes over.

"You two, follow me now." Said the guard. The guard leads them down a hallway and hands them outfits to change in to. Once you put these on you will be escorted to this room over here to be questioned. As Antoinette and Ica change they quickly get to know each other.

"You know, I knew that eventually we would be persecuted...but I wouldn't think today would be the day." Said Antoinette, her voice light.

"Haha that's true. Guess that is why we get so many reminders on keeping on the watch. I have to admit I could have being doing a 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 more watching. Plus I always said if I did get thrown in jail I at least have to have a harmonica so I can play that Kingdom Melodies. Both women laugh. Although a sad look washed over Antoinette's face.