Part 14

"Fight you?" Acht asked confusedly.

"Yes, you may have one of the lost elements but that doesn't mean you will excel in combat. Knowing how to do something and applying that in real life are two different things."

She then took a sip of her coffee calmly and continued, "I need to see your weak and strong points. That's why there is no better than a spar to gauge these things."

"I see. Then, when should we start?" He nodded his head before asking again.

"Follow me."

Then, both of them stood up and walked out of the hotel. The city was as bustling as ever. In fact, with the end of the hunter appraisal phase the day before, the number of people in the city increased. Many families and guilds came here to see if there were any potential hunters they could recruit beforehand.

This kind of thing happens in basically every city in the lower world, the rivalry between the influential guilds and the weaker guilds alike makes searching for opportunities to become stronger a must. That's why, even though Scarlett was the supervisor of the appraisal, she didn't allow for Acht's information to leak since if that happened, every other family and guild would try to get him to their side no matter how they did it.

The duo walked in the street for a few minutes before stopping in front of a rather small but well-organized building. The sign on the front said 'Bluerise Training Capsules Center'.

"This is where we will train. This capsules center allows us to simulate all possible cases in a fight including holographic dungeon monsters and other fighting conditions. The perfect place for training." She explained briefly before walking inside followed by Acht.

The two then spoke to the worker and rented a capsule for 12 hours. It was quite costly as they had to pay 13 gold coins but they were both swimming in gold so neither of them cared about it.

When they walked away, the male worker looked at their silhouettes and muttered with an envious look, "You lucky brat! Staying for 12 hours with a hot babe like that!"

The capsules were basically akin to modified rooms that could handle the power of hunters since they couldn't train anywhere or it would be a disaster.

They found their room and entered inside. In contrast to how it looked from the outside, the room was the size of a coliseum arena. The ground was made of hard rock and the walls out of some kind of metal.

Acht whistled lightly as he looked around, he liked the atmosphere of this place for some reason.

While he was doing that, Scarlett just started undressing her clothes. She wore a training suit under her normal clothes for this training session but it only worked as an amplifier for her lethal curves and amazing body.

'She really sees me as a kid. I can't blame her though.' He thought with a calm look. He wasn't some lustful kid who would drool on the spot whenever he smelled female pheromones and even if he lost himself in lust, she would be able to erase him out of existence quite easily.

"Do some light stretching before we start. I don't want you to harm yourself before we even start the training."

"You're underestimating me too much, miss Scarlett." He answered with a cold gaze.

"Oh! I heard that actions work better than words. Show me what you have. We will fight without using soul force or gifts. I want to assess your close combat prowess."

"Understood."

The two then stood facing each other, the difference in height and age made the fight quite weird from an outsider's point of view.