chapter 7

The long night passed quickly and the rays of the sun finally appeared and penetrated the window, hitting Acht straight in the face.

He slept quite well throughout the night but he didn't relax completely. He knew that danger lurked around him all the time so he was in a half-asleep state where any small disturbance would wake him up instantly. It was a skill he learned in his life as a hitman since it was essential for his survival.

His eyes slowly opened, revealing two cold yet mesmerizing black irises. Anyone who gazes at such profound eyes will find himself in a trance as if he was hypnotized. This charming aura was not an intentional thing from Acht's side but the result of his prideful character and charismatic demeanor.

"A good night's sleep sure makes the difference." He muttered with a peaceful look.He was able to release some of the tension he felt since yesterday. He handled everything perfectly but that didn't mean that it didn't take a toll on his mind and his weak body.Then, Acht stood up and left the room. There was still no trace of the men who were present yesterday. He didn't care if they ran away or not since he didn't even see them being worthy of his attention.

After a small breakfast, he entered the library again. This time, however, he was not here to study about history but for something else completely different.

"Soul force. I need to learn how to use it." He decided.

He was not a fan of this skinny body of his and so he wanted to start training as soon as possible. Luckily enough, with sufficient food and training, restoring his old physique will be a piece of cake. The only bugging matter left was learning how to use soul force.He searched the library for any book about soul force. And soon enough, he found what he was looking for.

"'Beginners guide for soul awakening'. This should be it."

He then sat down and started his second reading session in this world.

"Soul force is the fundamental force that moves this world. Each living creature and even some non-living creatures can have soul force inside of them. It's mainly related to the soul of the creature so the stronger the soul the stronger the soul force."Acht read each word attentively as he nourished his knowledge of the main power system of this universe.

"Millions of years ago when humans were nothing but a weak and primordial race, the discovery of the soul force was considered the turning point for humans. They were able to grow stronger and stand head-to-head with other more powerful races. They were able to do so by killing other creatures and absorbing their soul force, making them it their own.

"After a long time and countless experiments, they were able to put a clear power level to determine the power of each individual. This power system is composed mainly of 4 stages: White, orange, green, and red. Each color represents a different stage with white being the weakest and red being the strongest. These stages are also composed of 10 levels. The higher the level the stronger the individual."

After reading till that point, Acht stopped. He wanted to digest the information properly before continuing.