Y/n just stares into Joy’s eyes, waiting for her heart to start fluttering but it’s just not happening.

"Well. She’s definitely a lucky girl." Joy smiles and Y/n goes as far as trying to imagine herself kissing the girl to get her heart to react in some way.

Nothing.

"Are you okay?" Joy asks, tilting her head. "Do you want some water?" She hands Y/n her glass with clear liquid in it and Y/n, not really paying much attention, just takes it.

Before the rim of the glass even touches her lips a hand from behind her takes the glass out of her hands. The owner of the hand is suddenly standing between Y/n and Joy and when Y/n looks up she’s looking at Sana’s side profile.

"What are you doing?" Y/n huffs.

Sana turns and gives her a scowl. "Didn’t your parents teach you not to accept drinks from strangers?"

"It’s just water—"

"Is it?" Sana gives the glass back to Joy. "Why don’t you drink it then?"

Y/n slowly looks back up at Joy, waiting for her to drink it but Joy just snorts at Sana. "I’m not thirsty."

"Right." Sana puts the glass down. "Cause you spiked it."

"Of course I didn’t—"

Sana looks like she's about to punch the girl but she catches herself when her eyes flicker towards the security guards a few feet away. "I saw it you bastard. Stop bullshitting."

"Whatever," Joy huffs, picking the glass back up. "I hope this isn’t your precious Sana you were talking about." She winks at Y/n before turning around to leave.

Sana takes a calming breath, runs a hand through her hair and leans over the bar, beckoning the bartender closer to her. She says something to her but Y/n can’t hear it over the music. The bartender nods his head, pressing a button on the weird little advice attached to her belt.

The security guards from before start moving towards the crowd only a moment later; Y/n is sober enough to figure out that they're going to take care of the girl.

Sana turns to look at Y/n again, an unimpressed look on her face. "I’m sorry Y/n, but are you fucking stupid?"

Y/n must look like a child that’s being scolded.

"Do you know what could’ve happened if I didn’t keep an eye on you? Those things don’t just happen in movies! For god’s sake, someone your age shouldn’t be this careless!"

Ouch.

"I get it. Stop yelling at me." Y/n says.

Sana keeps glaring at her for a moment longer but her features soften when she sees that her words must’ve actually hurt Y/n. "Come on," She mutters, reaching out to curl a hand around Y/n’s arm. She drags her back to their booth where Lisa’s still chatting with Jisoo and her best friend freezes when she sees the look on both their faces.

"Hey, what happened?" She asks, voice filled with concern but Sana waves her off.

"It’s nothing. Don’t worry."

Lisa gives Y/n a worried look but Y/n just tries to give her the best reassuring smile she can muster right now. Lisa, still warily watching both of them as they sit down on the couch in the back, turns back to give Jisoo a sweet smile.

Sana makes Y/n sit down on the couch before she does the same and turns to fill a glass with actual water for her. "Drink this," She orders.

Y/n scowls at her but does as she’s told.