“Lie down with me,” Y/n mumbles.

Sana frowns down at her. “Y/n…”

“You don’t want to.” She reaches up to rub at her eyes under her glasses. They’re burning really bad. She forgot to use eye drops today. “Okay.”

“No!” Sana hastily whispers, her face falling. She must think that Y/n’s crying again when she rubs at her eyes like that because there are suddenly fingers curling around Y/n’s wrists, pulling her hands away from her face. “Don’t cry. Please.”

“I’m not,” Y/n mumbles, fixing her glasses. “My eyes hurt.”

“Oh.” The other girl still doesn’t let go of Y/n’s wrists. Y/n looks down at them. Sana’s fingers easily wrap almost all the way around it.

Sana follows her gaze and suddenly her thumb rubs over the prominent bone at the back of her wrist. “You’re really skinny.”

“It’s hard for me to gain weight.” Y/n’s starting to slur. Her tongue feels a bit heavy and she doesn’t feel like talking all that much. She wants to sleep. “You can just go. Fuck. I’m sorry.”

Sana keeps staring at her, keeps rubbing her thumb over Y/n’s skin gently. The touch feels nice.

The girl sighs and Y/n closes her eyes for a second and when she opens them again Sana is beside her, lying on her back, facing the ceiling. Y/n slowly turns her head too, her eyes focusing on the cracks on Lisa’s ceiling.

Sana’s hand is still on Y/n’s wrist. She really wants to know what Sana’s doing. Why would a girl like her voluntarily touch Y/n, let alone lie in the same bed as her? It doesn’t really make much sense.

“Did Lisa pay you?”

Sana turns her head to face Y/n, a frown etched into her features. “Pay me? For what?”

“To look out for me tonight.”

“What?” Sana laughs but when Y/n turns her head to the side, meeting Sana’s gaze, she stops laughing because she notices that Y/n’s question was meant to be serious. “You’re being serious.”

“Yes.”

“Of course she didn’t pay me.” Sana sighs. “I hope that’s the alcohol speaking. Otherwise I would be mad.”

“No. Don’t be mad. It wouldn’t suit you.” Y/n mumbles, her eyes almost slipping shut.

“What suits me, then?”

“This.” Y/n shrugs. “Being nice. And smiling. With your teeth.”

Sana grins at her. “Do you have a thing for teeth?”

“No. Just yours.” There’s no brain to mouth filter present anymore, that much is clear. Sober Y/n wouldn’t have ever said that.

Sana’s grin slowly fades but her eyes never leave Y/n’s. “Can I tell you something?”

“Mhm.”

“I lied to you. Outside.”

“About what?” Y/n blinks slowly. Someone outside screams again but this time Y/n has a hard time telling if it’s Jeongyeon or not.

“I— Uhm. I actually was hitting on you.”

“What?” Y/n can’t make sense of the words.

“Do you know what that means?” Sana looks confused, and slightly scared. “To hit on someone?”

And that somehow makes Y/n angry. “I do know what that means. Don’t get fooled by the nerdy glasses.”