Lisa pulls her into a tight hug once she steps inside. "Girl, you look amazing!"

Y/n just frowns at her, handing her the present while she shrugs out of her coat. "You're not funny."

"I'm not joking! Your hair's different! I like it." Lisa shakes the present once. "Are those socks?"

"You said you wanted socks-"

"No it's great!" Lisa peels the wrapping paper off and basically looks like a child on Christmas Day going through all the different socks. She suddenly sits down on the floor, takes off her own socks (and throws them over her shoulders) and puts on the Iron Man ones Y/n got her. "Man, these are sick! Thank you so much." She pulls Y/n into another tight hug after scrambling back to her feet.

Y/n chuckles, awkwardly hugging her back. "It's just socks."

"But they're from you. I love them."

"I'm glad you like them." Y/n smiles at her best friend. Lisa grins and loops an arm over her shoulders, guiding her through the hallway to where the voices and music are coming from.

"Thank you for coming, Won. I know you hate parties, I'm sorry."

"No it's fine. Of course I would come." Y/n feels a little less anxious with Lisa by her side but Lisa wouldn't be her best friend if she didn't notice her nervousness.

"Don't worry. I didn't invite a lot of people and you already know most of them anyway! Just have fun, okay?"

Y/n nods, lifting her eyes to meet the few faces that are already present. There are always new ones, especially since her and Lisa go to different colleges.

Jeongyeon immediately clings to her arm and starts introducing her to the people she hasn't met before. Jeongyeon and her used to live in the same neighbourhood and after Lisa she's probably Y/n's closest friend, meaning that Jeongyeon also knows about Y/n being a total moron when it comes to meeting people.

The first hour Isn't as bad as Y/n thought it would be. Jeongyeon stays by her side most of the time because Lisa has to talk to her other friends but Y/n doesn't mind. Jeongyeon whispers details about every single person present into Y/n's ears, things Y/n doesn't even want to know (like who hooked up with whom last Friday, or which guy had her hand up Seulgi's skirt at Seokmin's party the other day).

"Are you texting Dahyun?" Y/n asks when Jeongyeon stops talking to take a look at her phone.

"She should be coming soon." She nods her head, bringing her drink to her mouth. "Chaeyoung's with her, don't worry."

"I wasn't worried." Y/n mumbles which makes Jeongyeon snort. Chaeyoung, her younger sister, is still in her last year of high school so Y/n doesn't feel all that great about her going to a college party but it's not like she can stop her. Chaeyoung and Dahyun have been friends since they were in their nappies. Wherever Dahyun goes, Chaeyoung follows and since Dahyun shares some classes with Lisa, all of them kind of ended up forming an unintended kind of group that hangs out together most of the time.

Y/n looks around the room, squinting her eyes despite the help of her glasses because there's a bit of smoke floating around the room and the lights are too dim. There are more people than she expected to be. There's a group of people playing what looks to be truth or dare in the corner. There's a girl and a boy dancing way too intimately behind the couch, the boy's hand dangerously close to the space between her legs but it doesn't look like she minds so Y/n quickly looks away.