v. HERO OF THE DAY

THE GROUP was sitting at the lunch tables, Stella reading off a newspaper to them

THE GROUP was sitting at the lunch tables, Stella reading off a newspaper to them. "This years Halloween Bash will best be remembered for the powerful performances by surprise standout Lemonade Mouth!" Stella exclaims, showing the newspaper to Zhen.

They all gasp in shock, excited that they were finally getting recognized. Charlie peeks by his shoulder, reading a sentence. "A champion for students sidelined by the high school privileged and elite."

"Can you believe it?" Mo asks. "Our first review." Lee chuckles. Three girls walk by the table, a blonde girl waving and giggling at Charlie. Zhen looks back at her and Charlie, confused.

"Huh. I think they like us." He says to them, smiling. This makes Lee laugh, "I'm not sure it's us they like, Charlie." Zhen read her lips, feeling a slight jealousy in him.

To make it clear, he officially hated those girls. Why were they giggling at Charlie? Why not someone else? Why did they look so happy staring at HIM?

Lee noticed Zhen's angry expression, coughing a bit to ease it up. "I mean, what if it was Wen?" She remarks, "What do you mean?" He was now confused. Zhen just got up and left the table.

Charlie looks behind him, sighing. "He must be in a hurry. I'll see you guys later."

Zhen has ignored Charlie all day. He hasn't felt okay. Especially since that stupid incident in the cafeteria. But why the hell was he like this? This was all so dumb. He hated the way those girls—especially the blonde one, looked at him.

He was laying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling with his phone on the other side of him. Stella texted him and said to go to the Pizzeria with them, but he said his dad won't let him go out.

Zhen hated this feeling. Why the hell was he so angry over this? Why was it bothering him so much?

He thought the dreams were gonna mean nothing. Zhen can never like Charlie, it would go against everything in his life.

He sat on his bed as his leg bounced up and down, anxiety caving him. He felt hot, sweaty. Zhen doesn't know what to do right now. Maybe those crazy dreams mean unnecessary things. You can't like your best friend especially if their the same gender, right?

All he could do was think and think. Maybe if he got his phone and got onto decent internet sites, he could get his answer in no time.

No, he didn't.

It had been twelve consecutive minutes of internet searching. He typed things such as, can you like a guy, who do I like, how can I even find myself, where did all this even come from?