iii. KING OF THE DAY

AN alarm goes off, where a male was laying down staring at the ceiling

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

AN alarm goes off, where a male was laying down staring at the ceiling. That was all he did, all night. He blinked a couple times—sure, but he didn't fall asleep. Hope Moo-Joo was gone for five entire months.

It all felt like hell, no matter where he was. From passing out on his own vomit and feeling his head pound a hundred times made it harder for his family to help him. All you could hear that night was the sounds of Hope's mom screaming and begging for him to wake up.

But, he didn't.

Hope was "dead" the whole night. His family mourned and students were already posting about everything. "This is all Ray and Scott's wish!" "Cant believe the football team thought they were being funny." "He deserves it." "What'd you guys expect?"

Hope hasn't had a phone. Well, he does have one. But the male leaves it in his desk, not wanting to see what was going on there. "Hope, sweetie." A knock was heard and his door sprung open. "You're gonna be late for school if you don't leave in ten." His mom, Margret checks her watch and goes towards his son's closet before opening it up.

Hope sits himself up as he watches his mom take a long sleeve shirt and dark pants out. She never liked seeing his scars, so she went towards long sleeves for him. "Thanks, mom." He says as his mom planted a kiss on his head.

Hope watches her leave the room and shut his door. He turns to look at himself in the mirror, why does he have one next to his bed? He looked like shit and wasn't looking forward to school.

Zhen and Charlie were sitting with Wen in the cafeteria, eating lunch. The principal had on his announcement on the tv about Hope coming back, Zhen hated how they didn't even try and say his last name.

There was signs everywhere, so much for not making him feel weird. "Look." Wen whispers. Zhen and him turn around. Hope was getting a drink from the vending machine. Zhen turned back around. "I hope he's okay." Charlie sighs with a frown.

"I didn't know him, but everyone was so mean to him." Charlie explains. Wen furrowed his eyebrows. "Why did everyone even start hating him? What'd he do?" He asks curiously.

Charlie didn't know the whole story at all. So he turned to Zhen in hopes that he knew. Which, he did.

Charlie watches as Zhen signs the story, making his stomach almost drop at each sentence. "Apparently, he peeked at Ray Beech while he was changing. His sister told the whole school." Charlie whispers to Wen.

He looks at Zhen signing more before repeating. "But..we don't know the full story. They should've talked it out. Not drive him to take his own life."