Part Of My Treasure

Now past midnight, Fafnir hears the front door click.

Someone's shoes have been taken off near the inner doorstep, tossed lazily onto the floor. A following thud of a briefcase and a peculiar sliding sound with cloth.

Then all falls silent once more.

Fafnir rarely acknowledges Takiya if Takiya does not greet him first; For the time being, Fafnir didn't think much of it. He just continues to game, awaiting for Takiya to greet him with those swirly glasses, buckteeth, and the same ol' nasally voice.

It takes 30 minutes for him to notice that no one has entered the room at all.

The dragon pauses the game, letting the page sit patiently at the interval between levels. He partially removes his head phones.

Silence.

Fafnir glances around the room, but there was no one there. Takiyas desk and futon were empty.
"Hmm."

Getting up, he travels out of the bedroom to investigate.

"Takiya?"

Fafnir walks through the living room.
Empty.

Fafnir continues to walk, turning to see the front door closed. He realizes that leaving the apartment would be proven difficult, or at least inconvenient.

Takiya was in the way.

The office worker sat with back against the foot of the door. His arms hugged his knees loosely, and he was clearly slouched over in tiredness. His face looked down in a way that seemed uncomfortable, as if he neck was bound to snap. His leather briefcase leaned against his shin, inferring that it fell from his fingers grip.

Fafnir flinched at first with his hairs on end;
Takiya appeared dead. But there were subtle sighs, the rise and fall of the otakus body that gave away he was alive.

It was out of the ordinary to see Takiya so tired.

Hmm.

Fafnir walks over and squats in front of the office worker. To annoy the roommate he takes for-granted, Fafnir begins poking Takiya's kneecap.

"Takiya."
Poke.

"Takiya."
Poke.

"Takiya."
Poke.

Without an answer, Takiya was dead to world. Annoyed, the dragon has the intrusive thought of drilling his nail into Takiyas leg.

How dare he deny acknowledgment of my existence?

"Takiya." His voices raise's as a threat.

Takiya only grunts back reluctantly, unmoved.

Fafnir grimaces.
"Takiya!" He tugs the workers sleeve.

Finally, Takiya wakes up. Barely.
"Huh—mmwassup Faf-kun."

"You have to make dinner, it's your turn tonight." Fafnir informs.

"Mm riiightyeah uh, g'night." Takiya mumbles, then he drops his face, asleep.

Fafnir let's his grip go. Takiyas hand falls limply to his side. Fafnir stares down in disappointment.

Pathetic.
How long must humans rest?

"How many hours of sleep do you humans need?"
Fafnir asks.

"Mmh.... 8, 8 hours." Takiya mumbles. He was awake after all.

From what Fafnir recalls, Takiya rarely sleeps beyond 6. "You slept 5 hours, then got to work.
You do so many times."