Chapter 27

A/N: Double update!!! 

PS: Everything here is made up -- as far as I'm aware of, there is no meet and greet thing for this tour (probably 'cause of covid :( ) so everything in this chapter is fictional. It's not me tripping.

***********

"Taylor! She's here! OH MY GOD!!!" Taylor heard the clamor from the fans she and Taylor Nation invited to the Midnight Lounge. She immediately started grinning. Even over 16 years later, nothing felt better than seeing her fans, people she knew would always have her back.

"Hi, guys!" Taylor said as she walked in, waving at everyone. "I'm Taylor!" Everyone laughed. It was sort of an inside joke at this point that she introduced herself like no one knew who she was even though everyone knew who she was. "Welcome to the Midnight Lounge! There's a lot of fun stuff y'all can look at and food and drinks and just hang out! And I'll be in this room," she gestured to a nook separated by a lavender cloth door, "to talk to y'all! And let's start with anyone with little kids, so they can get to bed. I know it's kinda late..."

Andrea interjected, "I'll tell you when Taylor's ready for you!" The group of fans thanked the two women.

"Okay, great!" Taylor said before popping back inside the nook.

A couple hours later, Taylor sighed in exhaustion. She adored her fans, and she loved these little meet-and-greets, but she was tired. It took a certain amount of energy to sustain a 3-hour-long show where she sang at the top of her lungs and danced around the whole time. It was fun but tiring.

After seeing the last fans out the door and waving goodbye, Taylor let out another sigh. "How you doin' honey?" Andrea asked her daughter.

"I'm so tired," Taylor groaned, closing her eyes and leaning her head back, as if that would allow her to sleep.

"Have you eaten anything yet?" Taylor hesitated.

"...No."

"I heard there's this good sushi restaurant nearby, if you wanna eat there. You should probably eat something. Your body's probably tired." Taylor considered it. She was hungry. The only question was whether or not the hunger overpowered her desire to sleep. Suddenly, her stomach growled loudly.

"Well, I guess that's your answer," Taylor conceded. "Let's go to that sushi place." Andrea smiled.

"Great! I'll just call to make sure they have space."

"What's the restaurant called?"

"Oh! It's got great reviews! It's called," Andrea paused, squinting at her phone. "KUMI Sushi and Bar!"