Chapter 21

A/N: HOLY MOTHER OF MUSICALS -- WE'RE AT 4K READS!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!!!!

Here's the next chapter :)

***********

"It's you and me. That's my whole world," Taylor sang. She was ecstatic to be able to perform. She always loved the starts of her concerts. The adrenaline rush as she waited for her cue to go on stage, the blinding lights in her face, and most importantly, the fans screaming to her, connecting with her, caring about her.

She felt the elevator move up until she was onstage in front of the crowd, her fans. That concept, even over ten years later, still amazed her. She was so unbelievably grateful that people had stuck by her even through the darkness that was 2016 and the global pandemic of 2020.

"They whisper in the hallway, 'She's a bad, bad girl,'" she sang into her handheld microphone. The crowd that had been screaming since the start of the concert suddenly switched from just screaming in general to shouting the words along with her, making a smile stretch across her face. After finishing the chorus, she cut to "Cruel Summer," opening the concert with a mash-up of the two songs.

"Las Vegas! How are we doing tonight?" Taylor shouted to the crowd after finishing the chorus. Everyone screamed in response. Taylor laughed. "Welcome to The Era's Tour!" The crowd screamed as she continued to sing "Cruel Summer." She could already tell only about five minutes into the show that the energy that night would be off the charts. Any performer would die to have that, so she was very excited to perform that night.

Meanwhile, Gabi was in the front row of the concert (she had spent a ridiculous amount on the tickets, but she was a very good negotiator and lowered the price from an extremely ridiculous amount to just a ridiculous amount) and was already screaming her head off. She'd quickly realized that Taylor didn't recognize her and was at first slightly disappointed. But she pushed down the feeling, and just screamed the lyrics like every other Swiftie around her. She could see from the corner of her eye that Zach was jumping up and down like a kid at Disneyland.

Soon, she forgot about all of the worries of the day: getting to the airport, not missing the flight, not missing the concert, whether or not Taylor would recognise her, and what she would do if Taylor recognised her. And for the first time since the Fearless Tour 2009, Gabi Lewis was able to enjoy a Taylor Swift concert without any other stresses on her mind, losing herself to the music and performance.