Prologue

For the outsiders, Eastwood was a charming town. They were unaware of the lurking shadows that covered the town's real darkness. For those who called it home, it was a dangerous place, plagued by the insidious presence of gangs that roamed its darker corners. 

But everyone felt safe with the presence of The Royal Serpents, their identities shrouded in mystery, their true faces remained concealed and their names forever unspoken. People lived in constant fear, navigating a town where violence and crime stained the streets they once knew as their home. 

For me Eastwood will always be a haunting realm of sorrow and despair. Every corner, every street, every building carried the weight of my painful memories. The streets that had once witnessed my happiness now echoed with the haunting whispers of my shattered dreams. Each building I passed held pieces of a life forever replaced by betrayal and heartbreak. 

My name is Alexys, a woman believed to be long dead, lost in the depths of forgotten memories. Eastwood mourned my demise, a tragic accident that claimed my life years ago. No one recognized the woman they believed to be gone. Eastwood had buried the whispers of my name, but I would rise from the depths of their collective memory. They all believe me to be dead, an innocent victim claimed by tragic circumstances, but little do they know the I have returned to this town, my once familiar home, under the guise of a different person, a stranger in the eyes of those who believe I perished long ago. 

My desire for revenge burns with an intensity that defies comprehension. It is not just my own pain that drives me, but also the overwhelming need to avenge the one that was and will always be so close to my heart. The one whose life was snuffed out by the very hands of my own father, a man known for his cruelty. People witnessed his evil, yet they remained silent. Their whispers and hushed conversations speak of the horrors my father has wrought, yet they turn a blind eye, cowering beneath the weight of his influence. But I am not bound by their fear. At least not anymore. 

***

This story contains mature content, vulgar language, drug and alcohol use, abuse, violence, mental health, sexual content. 

Any resemblance to actual people, or to existing places, is purely coincidental. The purpose of this book is purely for entertainment.