Chapter 1: the monster.

In the town of asukasa, japan 3 girls were walking about the town cutting through alleyways to get to their respected homes. The night was cold as they walked through the dirt filled alleyways

"The sooner the people stop throwing their trash into the streets or humanity finds a way to clean it all in a flash, the better" one girl complained,
she was the tallest and had her brownish blue hair in a high bun, with a plain pink striped kimono.

"Exactly, I never wear my best kimonos out and about town now, and mother is very mad at that because she says I won't find a husband" another shorter girl said.
She had a black kimono with white rose patterns sewn on, and she covered it with a hair that faded from white into a midnight blue.

"Has your mother even seen the streets kiyoko? If she did she would understand your concerns" the 3rd girl chuckled, causing the others to laugh along aswell.
She had her hair cut to her shoulders, her nice olive green hair. Along with a plain grey kimono and a bag of food she planned to bring home and share to her family.

As the 3 girls laughed and talked about their families, they passed by a cellar door, leaned against the wall to a plain house. The girls didn't think much of it walking up to it, but the girl in the gray kimono stopped as she felt her feet step in something wet.

"You okay, Yuzuha?" The first girl asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine Aimi, I just stepped in a gooey liquid, and I wore my good sandles too, shit..." Yuzuha cursed under her breath.

The 3 girls stopped as they heard a rattle and a small bang from the inside of the cellar, Yuzuha didn't pay much notice however, as she crouched down further to see what exactly she stepped in. It was too dark to be water, she would've seen it. As Aimi and Kiyoko looked worried at where the aggresive rattling came from, Yuzuha realised what her saddles had trodden in.

It was a small pool of crimson blood, along with little flakes of skin, and muscle.

Before the girl could say a word to her friends, the cellar door flung open. And a shadowed beast dashed out of it and grabbed both Aimi and Yuzuha, one in each arm, and threw them inside the dark loomy area. Kiyoko only made it around 30 meters before the creature slashed both of her calves with its nails alone

'HOW HE HELL ARE ITS NAILS SO SHARP? IS HE HUMAN? OR SOME DEVIL MAN HYBRID..'. Was all that kiyoko could think before she let out a small shriek as the thing dragged her down where Aimi and Yuzuha were.

The 3 girls were now huddled together, Aimi holding a small metal pipe while the 'thing', stayed on the other side of the room

"Well aren't you ladies unlucky huh, wind up in a must blood coated cellar in you final moments???" The thing snickered with his monstrous grin.

'It's a demon.. that thing that took me, Aimi, Yuzuha into here, oh fuck what do we do... didn't one guy say there were demon SLAYERS? where the fuck are THEY?' Kiyokos mind was racing. She didn't want to die, but with how quick the demon threw the 3 girls into here, she doubted her chances of surviving being high.

"With how pretty you 3 are, probably the prettiest since that husband and wife duo.. I'll give you a quick slash of the throats, ok?? Of course I'll have to be careful, I'll want to preserve those sweet breasts for my treat later o-"

Before he got to continue the doors to the cellar flew forward and crashed into the filthy demon. He was in such a state of shock that he barely dodged the katana thrust heading for his head. When he looked up, he saw his worst inconvenience in all of Japan, a slayer.

She was medium height, but incredibly thin, causing her bright olive haori to flow around even with the tiniest touch of wind. Her hair was a pale lavender that reached down to her pelvis, with her hair evenly parted in the middle and a thick bright red streak flowing down the left side of her hair. Her katana was one of a coral color, and had a smoke figure like guard above the hilt. She was confident and not worried about her fate, more worried for how long it would take to kill this perverted demon. The demon sharpened his claws like blades themselves, and got ready to charge and slash her stomach, but he heard he mutter only 1 sentence

"Weather breathing, 3rd form: swift Wind slash, double"

She ducked and spun on the tip of her right foot, like a professional ballerina and slashed his chest in 2 in a circular motion, as the demon started to regenerate the second he got cut in 2, he realised something.

'Wait, She's doing a 2nd spin?!'

The demon looked in horror as her 2nd spin slashed higher than the last, and his head flew off his neck and hit the roof, he didn't realise how quick her pains were and thought he had time to regenerate, it was her twig-like body that lead him underestimating her, and for her to kill him with ease.

"Oh wow! I beat my quickest kill by 3 seconds! I went from 9.57 seconds down to 6.29 seconds" the girl boasted before looking to the 3 girls dumbfounded and covered in demon blood.

"T- T- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" Aimi bursted out crying and ran to hug the girl, barely missing her open sword. The other 2 also thanked her excessively and the girl did nothing but say a simple "your welcome ladies" as she sheathed her sword and walked out of the cellar, but she still had 1 question to answer.

"Can we please get your name? My mother will need an explanation.." kiyoko asked slightly embarrassed about the reason.

"My name is Akemi Hinode, I'm rank Kinoto in the demon slayer corps and the tsuguko to the forest hashira, I believe that's enough formality for now, goodbye ladies and I hope I don't see you dead on the streets next time I'm in town!" With that, Akemi sped out of the alley way where her crow was spinning in circles cawing with her next mission tonight.

"CAW! CAW! MADAME AKEMI, YIUR NEXT MISSION JUST CAME IN, POLICE ARE HEADING TO THE SCENE OF A DEMON ATTACK, LETS HURRY, LETS HURRY! CAW! CAW!"

"Well we better make pace right now" akemi panicked and sprinted to the scene. She knew it wouldn't be far but needed to kill the monster before it finishes a full human corpse. On her way there she pushed through almost all the policemen the crow mentioned. They'd shout out a "watch it!" Or a "don't push through ya brat!" But she didn't care, because she saw who she was looking for.

She was very lucky, because the monster didn't even look fresh, and it still had its mouth on, what I assume was his wife's shoulder.

"Time for the 2nd one tonight"