~Crushes~

•Zak's pov•
I did sit down eventually, everyone have left because it's getting quite late and their parents forced them to get home, it's understandable. My mom and my sister also tried to get me home, but I just can't.

So my mom agreed and gave me the house key in case I want to go home since she'll lock the door. I'm still waiting for the doctors to tell me if Darryl is alright, I'll wait for days if needed.

I thought that just as a doctor got out and looked at me up and down, I didn't even change so I still have the mouse's outfit.

"Here for Darryl?" He asked, and I nodded, getting up. He smiled at me "I'm surprised you're still here kid, even his family left?"

I stared at him "they didn't even come"

His smile faded a bit and nodded "my bad, so, he is alright."

I directly smiled, and made a relief sigh, gosh, he's alright. "He's still sleeping at the moment, we don't know when he'll wake up, but when he does wake up we'll have to make sure he doesn't move too fast"

I nodded "so what are you to him? His boyfriend?" He asked, making me blush a bit and stare at him.

"No, I'm his, uhm best friend"

He made a little snort, and nodded. "usually we only let family inside during night, but since you're the only one here, you can go in."

"Thank you a lot," I smiled and he nodded at me.

I didn't wait, I directly got in the room. I stared at him a moment, then took a chair and sat close to the bed. I sighed again, he's alright.

I stared at him for a while, until the door opened again, so I looked.

It was a guy I don't know, he seemed older and he's a demon too, looks a bit like Darryl, he's probably in Darryl's family or something.

He looked at me weirdly, up and down and frowned "who the fuck are you" he snarled at me, so I raised my eyebrows.

"Who are YOU."

"I'm His brother. Isn't it supposed to be only family members at night."

"Oh, so you care now?"

He stared at me with a bit of wide eyes, and then looked away from me. I sighed "the doctor said I could stay, since I was the only one that waited the whole time."

He looked at me again "you waited the whole time?"

"Yes. I was worried."

He nodded, then closed the door, and took a sit beside the bed too but the other side. We stayed quiet for a bit, both of us looking at Darryl.

"So, You're his friend? Or like boyfriend?" He finally said so I looked at him quickly, staring at him and blushed a bit, everyone are asking that. Geez, do we look in love that much?

He grinned "crush? I see."

"A- WHA-" I cut myself from screaming and sighed "no, he's my friend."

"Yeah, sure thing."

I rolled my eyes, looking at him, he had already stopped grinning, looking at Darryl again.

"Since when do you care, I know for a fact that he doesn't get treated right at all at home."

He looked at me again

"I don't care. At least I try to not. We had visit at home when they called so my mom told me to come here to check on him. She didn't seem to care much though."

I stared at him, he doesn't seem that bad. We went silent again. ".... I'm Devin by the way."

"I'm Zak." I smiled, he didn't smile back but he had a soft expression.