Chapter 8.

"Freya!" I screamed. It was starting to pour raindrops, and another crack of lightning backed up my emotions. "What are you doing here?!"

"I told you I wanted to come," she squeaked almost inaudibly. She looked like a sad puppy dog, almost helpless in the rain. She could use her looks to get anything she wanted- except this.

"Freya, go home!"

The ship teetered, catching me off guard, and and almost sent me overboard. I couldn't hear it, but I saw Freya's head tilted back, her mouth in a wide, wicked smile, her body rocking. I got my balance back and stood up.

"Stop laughing at me!" I raged. She continued, and told me, "I'm not laughing at your fall. I'm laughing because you want me to go home".

I looked around. We wernt really going to turn this ship around and head home in the middle of a storm.

"Don't judge me," I said breathlessly. "I'm exhausted". Freya nodded, and yawned herself.

"You guys should share the only extra bed we have," Jem cut in, "but leave mine alone. Unless, of course, you wish to be farted on and yelled at in your sleep."

The lower deck was very small, and with the hatch being only two feet wide, I dont know how they fit the two beds in there. I mean, they wernt huge queen size beds, but they wernt a foot and a half, either.

"Left side," Freya called, and snuggled into the itchy quilt. I flopped onto the side next to her, instantly ingulfed in how much softer it was than the steering wheel. I curled up and faced Freya, who was starring at me with round, sleepy eyes. I've never been this close to her before, and now that I have, I notice some features in her I haven't.. Well, before. Her long, dark eyelashes that wing down like a bird when she blinks, the pink rings underneathe her eyes that are neither brown nor green, her cotton candy colored lips a thin line. I wondered what she was thinking about.

The ship swayed, rocking her and I.

"Edelweiss?"

"Hm?" My eyes drooped shut.

"Thanks for not turning around."

I nodded, and let myself drift away quietly.