V: Weight Of The World

*scribblescribblescribble*

"Hrmmmm, geez. This drawing stuff is really hard when it comes to sketching other people." Hado pouted as she erased a drawing mistake for the 41st time in the past hour. Safe to say her eraser spent more time against the paper in Midoriya's notebook than the lead portion of her pencil did, and what sort of progress did the third year manage to put out thus far? Nothing, aside from the bottom of a right foot that looked like a giant spoon. "Can't even get the foot right."

"Senpai, I think it might be better if you just start with the face for right now." Midoroya suggested. "You could worry about drawing the body later the face is a better place to begin with. Here can I see?"

The third year slid Midoriya's notebook and pencil back over to him, the first year flipping to a fresh page and twisting the notebook to run sideways. "Okay, I know I already have an entry for you but I'll show you how to start off with a face. To me? The easiest place is the chin, so I start with a simple little line about an inch long, because that can connect with the cheeks and then the sides of the head. Here."

Midoriya etched a simple inch long line just as he said, then drawing two longer lines on the edges of the first that angled upwards to represent the cheeks. And at the end of those two lines came two more than angled straight up, smaller than the previous two much like the very first. "See? And from here I have an easy and simple base to do the rest of your face. Yesterday, I said you were relatively easy to draw and I-I still stand by it honestly. Mainly because of two things, your hair and your eyes. You have big bright eyes so they take up a good amount of space, and your hair is easy to do so long as the direction of your bangs are remembered. Your left bang goes behind your left ear, but your right bang comes out to the front of your face. Then from there is the long hair that curls at the bottom.

Now since your right ear is kinda obscured by your bang I can forego the need to draw that ear, which is nice because ears can be a little annoying to draw sometimes. So as long as I remember those, the rest comes easily."

"Ohhhhh." Hado beamed as she watched Midoriya begin sketching out her face with the eyes as a starting point. "Wow! Is my face really that memorable?"

"U-Uh, depends on how that question is received heh. Some people think a memorable face means unique or a distinct facial feature like a scar or beautiful colored eyes. Others remember a face for...personal, reasons."

"Hey hey you're gonna come to candy day with us on Friday right?"

"Would the others be okay with that Senpai? I-I wouldn't want to go with and make it feel weird that a first year is mixed in with the rest of you."

"Heyyyy don't worry! They'll be totally okay with it you already know Mirio and Tamaki, and Yuyu's super friendly even though she could seem a little mean at times. You got nothing to worry about, pinky promise."

Midoriya smirked as his pencil lightly grazed against the paper in repetitive strokes to form the big beady pupil of her left eye. "Alright then, if I'm not occupied by anything else sure. I'll go again."

Without the assistance of any reference photo Midoriya made easy work in sketching the top of Hado's hair, ensuring that the small clump at the top of her forehead didn't dip too much into her face. Was it weird for him to be able to sketch her face without a reference? Maybe, depending on how one viewed his interest for the third year. Some may think of it as the type of weird that would hover a little bit too much around the field of stalking or a 'Yandere' attraction. But for him it was as simple as saying that Hado was so often in the eye of his mind that he didn't need to look elsewhere to draw her face. It was corny to think about but if he had a yen for every time she was on his mind he'd only have one, given that she never left it.