ʟᴜɴᴀᴍ ᴍᴇɴᴅᴀᴄᴇᴍ

Start from the beginning

He felt a small chill up his spine whenever he met her eye to eye. She looked.. Human. But the way she talked, the lack of any sort of colour or personality in her voice, to her rather stiff motions. Their trope was quite the irony, even to himself.

A rustle came from the bushes nearby, with Y/n turned sharply around to. Her eyes slit in suspicion, but it was too bright to use night sensors to look through the bushes. She looked toward her companion's direction and observed of how unfazed he seemed. Looking towards the green shrub of plant one last time, she jogged up to right behind him once more. From how no more sounds came from it, it was likely just the wind or a wild animal.

Her database randomly refreshed itself whenever sensing something, such as certain objects or hearing a familiar word. It wasn't exactly very useful, but Nahida said it was probably a good sign. Although she did tell the goddess most things she recalled of whatever events that occurred before her long term shutdown.. Most knowledge would be better off kept to herself until she had more memories or data to prove of it.

Raising her head slightly, the female observed W/n from behind. His large hat blocked most views of his face, but his clothing seemed very complex and interesting. A skin tight black top underneath a loose open chested white shirt of some sort..? She wondered if the decorative pieces on his outfit or his hat often flew off during battles or exercise of any sort. Then again, what was the hat even for? A portable umbrella? They had a similar invention like that-

W/n felt the footsteps behind him cease and turned around immediately. He found the female standing where she stopped, perfectly still as a boulder. The only thing that moved were her eyes, which shaked violently as if it was vibrating. This must've been one of her rebootings that Nahida warned him about. Wordlessly approaching, he wavered his hand in front of her face. She blinked and looked up to meet his eyes.

They were a light tone of e/c, slightly dull as if there was a film of some sort over them. Her eyes finally stilled after a few moments of staring into his own. "...Hm? Did you say something?"

He shook his head and figured she was nothing more than confused. "No. I'm guessing that was one of your reboots..?" The young man paused, taking a moment to observe her state once more. "Do you know what triggered it? Nahida ordered me to remember of the things that causes you to do.. That." Although he specifically said order, it was likely more of an exaggerated excuse for his question.

Y/n didn't reply, but pointed to the headpiece sitting on top of his head. He looked up to where her index finger was pointing to, only to realize she was gesturing to the hat. "That?" She nodded.

As he was about to make another comment, her head snapped to a direction, head twisting into an angle a human would likely not recover from. Everything was too quick to process when W/n was pushed against the tree at least ten feet away from his previous point. He caught himself and balanced his figure just as the hat was about to make contact with the tree. "What are you-"

Almost out of a habit, he found Y/n's figure standing in front of him with a defensive position. Ahead of them were a single electro fungus that angrily jumped in its place. She stood unmoving in her position as while staring at the tiny monster's movements each time it jumped up. A soft crackling sound emitted from the mushroom like creature from the electric energy forming around it. W/n was about to step in, but quickly stopped himself. He nor Nahida had ever seen her fight.

No words were exchanged between the two as the fungi unexpectedly jumped towards them. The wanderer was about to slash the mob as his hand reached out to summon his weapon, but was interrupted.

A translucent white barrier had been casted between the two and the fungi. It had a milky white colour and was barely two arm's length long, but it endured through three of the mushroom's electro infused pummels and multiple shots of purple lightening. She stood motionless, her left arm bent so that her hand was by her chest, slightly outstretched and likely holding the shield up. He watched with interest as the fungi eventually gave up and inched way back into the forest.