Week 40: Regressed Feelings

It's towards the end of the night and the Shield has competed. Stephanie and Seth Rollins won their mix tag match now she and Dean are about to film their segment to end the night.

"We make a pretty good team, Steph." Seth says giving Stephanie a high-five.

"I know right, we killed it tonight. We should have more matches together in the future."

Seth leans in to whisper, "Maybe we should get Dean out of the way, that way you and I can be the next big power couple."

"Just tell me when and where?" She says jokingly.

Stephanie suddenly feels a hand on her lower back, "Hey, we gotta get this segment done with before commercial break." Dean says.

"Fine,"

Dean and Stephanie head towards the camera crew, "Okay, so we're just gonna get you two in a love spat with Dean thinking that you are cheating on him and then you slap him in the face then walk away and that's a wrap." The producer explains the scenario to Stephanie and Dean.

"Sounds good," Dean says knowing what it feels like to be slapped by Stephanie.

"Filming, quiet!" The red light on the camera goes on. Seth and Roman are standing nearby watching the scene play out.

Dean walks towards the garages area as Stephanie runs to catch up to him.

"Dean!"

He doesn't stop walking when he hears Stephanie shouting at him.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" She manages to get in front of him causing him to stop, "What was that about out there?"

He doesn't answer her nor looks her in the eye.

"What has you problem been over the last few weeks. First, you argue with Roman and now with Seth."

Finally, he looks down at her, "There's one thing that I can't handle. What I will not tolerate. What will keep me up at night, and that's..."

"...seeing you with another guy when you know that we are a match for each other..."he thinks to himself.

"What are you talking about?"

"Like I don't know that you have some sort of romantic thing going on with Roman or Seth. I see it."

She scoffs, "You actually think I'm cheating on you with one of them."

"If you only knew how badly I want you to hold me again, but you just pushed me away." She thinks to herself.

"Just tell me which one is it Seth or Roman...or both."

Stephanie's jaw clenches as she slaps Dean across the face, for the millionth time, leaving him stunned.

 "There's only one thing I can't handle and that's being doubted." Just as she's supposed to walk away from him she adds, "When are you gonna learn that my heart only beats for you." She pretends to walk away but really goes behind the camera.

 "...and cut. Nice one, Steph." The producer says.

Stephanie smiles, "Yeah, it just came to me and I thought it would be more dramatic."

She continues to walk away and regretting what she just said out loud.

"Stupid, why don't you just thrust yourself at him and start this whole thing all over again."

Dean watches her and wonders if she generally means what she said.