Salim and Saylor wished they could tell their mom the reason why they fight, but she wouldn't care. And even if she known, she would still believe what she wanted.

People at school bullied them. When they couldn't pronounce certain words, or when they was just having trouble in general understanding things. They'd pick on Saylor, and Salim wouldn't go for it. He'd simply stand up for his little sister even if that meant fighting and vice versa.

This time they'd got expelled because someone talked about their mother. How she wore wigs because she was bald, but they didn't know Monique's condition. She was losing hair due to her having cancer. It was really sensitive to the twins. That led to the twins getting up and throwing chairs across the classroom along with anything else they could get their hands on. It led to Salim almost killing someone and Saylor stabbing someone with a pencil.

To top it off the both of them had anger issues. Fighting helped with it, a lot. Sometimes, Saint would take the two to the Boxing Gym up the street so they could punch the punching bags or just spar with someone.

"Y'all going with my parents. Get out, go pack your bags. They gone be on the way. Get out!" Monique yelled at the two. She couldn't take it anymore, she was done. To her, they just kept making up excuses why they couldn't do such. There was no way Salim and Saylor had a learning disability.

But how would she know if she never gotten it checked out?

Back in the house, Salim was throwing his clothes into a trash bag while talking about how he wasn't going with his grandparents. He didn't like them, he hated it there. He got that they were religious, but he didn't like how they tried to force it onto him and his sister.

"Hurry up, Saylor. Ian tryna go with them folks and you taking your precious time."

Saylor turned to look at her brother. "Where we gone go, Lim? Don't nobody fuck with us. You heard what momma said. We don't have no money or anything like that."

"Just hurry up."

The both of them shared a room. They didn't have a lot of things so it didn't take them long to throw what they needed in the black trash bag. Nonetheless, Salim opened the window and looked down at how far the ground was. To him it wasn't bad, but it might be different for Saylor since she was scared of heights.

He threw his bag down first then looked at Saylor who scrunched her face up. "Come on, Saylor."

"I'm not jumpimg out a window. Are you fucking crazy?"

"So what you gone do? You gone stay with them folks?"

"I feel like it's better. I know you about to get us into some crazy shit too."

"Man, Saylor. You playing games bro. Once I jump out the window you better jump right behind me. I'm not playing, I'll even catch you."

Saylor bit down on her fingers and nodded slowly. Salim wasted no time jumping out the window. He looked up watching as Saylor threw her bag which he caught before catching her as well. She wasn't heavy, she was tiny as hell.

It had been twenty minutes since they've left and Salim had been ignoring Saylor. She had been questioning them about where they was going. Her nerves were bad and she had a weird feeling something was going to happen. Now she was regretting everything.