chapter 26

Your POV

It has turned night and we were parked somewhere in the woods.

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time."said Nancy turning to us.

"Phase one"she asked us.

"We meet Erica at the playground, she'll signal max and Lucas when we're ready."said Robin.

"Phase two"asked Nancy.

"Max baits Vecna he'll go after her,which'll put him in his trance"said Steve.

"Phase three?"Nancy asked

"Me,y/n and Eddie draw the bats away"said Dustin making me smile at him.

"Four,we head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair,and...flambé"said robin swinging the bottle around.

"Nobody moves on the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan,no matter what. Got it?"Nancy said sternly making us all agree.

"Got it"said everyone.

We then all got out of the van and we walked over to Eddie's van,I was holding onto my pistol and my knife that was turned into a spear. We then walked into Eddie's home.

"Be careful"Dustin said to us.

"Thanks,buddy"Steve thanked.

"Here goes nothing"Steve said climbed up the sheets that were turned into rope.

He was then successfully in the the upside down making me sigh in relief.

"What does he want us to do,applaud?"asked robin making me shake my head and smile.

I then saw Steve put a mattress down so we could safely go down.

"All right."said Steve grabbing the sheets. It was now Nancy's turn to go up which she successfully did. It was now Eddie he threw his guns and weapons up and it landed on the mattress. then it was robins turn then Dustin and I then went last I suddenly saw Steve and Eddie put their hand infront of my face making me shake my head and get up myself.

I held onto my weapons so I don't loose them. We then walked out of the Eddie's house.

"Hey,guys,listen"said Steve turning to us.

"If things here start to go south,I mean,at all,your abort"said Steve sternly.

"Okay?draw the attention of the bats,keep 'em busy for a minute or two we'll take care of Vecna, don't try to be cute or be a hero or something"he said making me sigh.

"Okay?you guys are just-"he was about to say but Dustin cut him off.

"Decoys"said Dustin and Steve

"Don't worry,you can be the hero, Steve"said Dustin.

"Absolutely, I mean,look at us. We are not heroes."said Eddie with a smile.

"Yeah we look more like fucked up characters"I said to him making Dustin and Eddie look at me.

Steve then walked away making me look at them.