He smiled a bit. When he didn't see your lips curl the same way, he didn't feel off about it. Your eyes said enough. When they glittered, he knew that you liked what you were looking at.

Your hands dropped next to you. "If you want, we can make the curry again. I know the ingredients."

"You do?"

"They make it at the camp every year."

"We should make it with the class."

You nodded. "A celebratory meal."

"Make it with us this time." He returned the two kisses you gave on your cheek and left the room, waiting for you to follow.

You attached the water pouch to your belt, checking the cover to see if it was closed properly, then made your way to the new dorm's common room, where the plan would be reviewed.

•••

"So they'd be in very close proximity to my father?" You questioned with crossed arms.

"That's a part of it, yeah."

All Might put his hand on your shoulder. "You'll be able to join the fight after you do what you've been assigned. Your class is very capable, you know."

You nodded, never doubting the fact, but still feeling the unsureness that you felt guilty of having.

The recklessness of this class is never ending. Yet they're stubborn—too stubborn to die.

"Okay."

Your eyes scanned your class, each a face you knew you'd never forget. Faces and voices left your memory if they were gone for too long. The names of the Water Hose heroes were gone from your head; the face of your mom was missing from your memory; early memories with Nighteye were fuzzy; you forgot what Twice's face looked like without a mask.

But every decision, every emotion, everything made your head trace back to Class 1A.

You felt goosebumps form on your arms, wondering if you'd remember their faces, their voices, and the times together if they weren't with you for a while.

"Is something wrong?" You were jolted from the thought by Kirishima, who put his arm around your shoulders with an assuring grin. "We've got this, Y/N, so don't be stressed!"

He could feel how cold you had gotten, the bumps on your arms, the quickness of your heartbeat.

And in came the reassurance.

You nodded and put your hand on his arm. "Right. Thanks."

Sometimes you didn't get the chance to tell yourself to live in the moment. It was okay to forget the past for a bit.

"Alright, let's get this started." Detective Tsukauchi said.

•••

You waited at your post, an earpiece in your ear connected to Tsukauchi. "Can you ask Aster where Shouto is?"

"Shouto? Give me a second."

He'd be fighting his brother. You didn't know the amount of pain he had to bear to do so.

"He's at his post."

"Good."

Monoma chuckled, his face maintaining his half-eyed smugness. "Still fawning over those 1A kids, huh?"

"And you seem to still hold a sense of rivalry to them." You and him followed Present Mic through the halls of the asylum, ready to do what you needed to do before the war began.

He opened the door to the room of someone who was once his dear friend: Kurogiri.

"Oh, Y/N." Kurogiri greeted as if you were someone he was still under the service of. "What brings you here?"

You couldn't tell if he was joking around or not, but you didn't recall him to be a very fun-loving person. Glancing at Monoma, you muttered, "If this doesn't work, get in there and copy his quirk."

"I know."

You sighed. "Do you know what's happening today?"

Kurogiri gave you a negative hum.

"There's going to be a war involving Shigaraki." You awaited a response and when it didn't come, you continued, "And Erasurehead and Present Mic."

The slight widening of his smokey yellow eyes gave you a sliver of hope that you could do this task.

Nomus were once human. The separation from their emotions, their mind, made them Nomus. What you came to question was whether or not you could bring them back.

"Father," You questioned, holding his hand as you passed by the room you always saw the doctor in. "What's in that room?"

"That would be where the Nomus are kept."

You felt a chill down your spine from the name, although you had never seen them before. "Can I see them?"

"I think they're not quite ready for you to see them."

"Why not?"

"The same reason you do not bring steel and flint together, my dear." He gripped your shoulder the moment he felt any hesitation, pushing you forwards. "You'll start a blaze."

It was always as if your quirk had a mind of its own, even after you learned that it was sourced from your own life force.

Perhaps you could use it for moments like these.

"Kurogiri, you were made to protect Shigaraki." You stepped towards the glass and held out your hand. "So please, allow me to protect him from this accursed world he's about to create."

A faint glow illuminated from your hand.

"Sensei, what did you say his name was again?"

"Shirakumo."

"Got it. Let's bring him out, shall we?"