2

"Haseena Mallik" he called again with some firmness, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze too, "Please turn around."

And it scared him how easily she obeyed.

"Yes? Yes Sir?"

It was feeble but there was a response at least and those present at the thana felt glad of it at the moment.

"Ms Mallik, please come this way."

Amar and Karishma shared a brief look, concern drowning their features. He was becoming clueless how to handle the current situation. He guided Haseena to a chair while Billu came hurrying with a glass of water.

"Sir, how on earth did the media get to know about all this?" Diwan ji asked, pacing around.

"I don't know Diwan ji. If we had any clue I would have torn apart the culprit by now" he answered, not realising that all pairs of eyes were on him, looking at him with surprise at his angry, vengeful tone.

"Karishma ji" Billu Champat asked," How are things at the hospital?"

"Santu is in the ICU and Chita is also receiving treatment. Pushpa ji is with them and managing the situation" Karishma replied.

"Send some extra staff to the hospital just in case...and meet me in my cabin after that" Amar stated, mentally chalking up possible courses of future action, when he noticed Haseena's hand holding the glass trembling subtly.

"Ms Mallik you did not drink the water" he began saying softly. He recieved a slow nod from her.

"Haseena ji" he said again, this time with greater gentleness, "You should drink some water. It will be good for you. You need to as well."

He knelt before her without thinking anything and guided her hand to her mouth. Her skin felt too warm against his fingers and concern pervaded his features. She had not said one word till now and it was worrying him.

"Haseena ji,  everything will be alright" Amar reassured, taking her other hand in between his palms too, "Don't be t--"

"Madam Sir I think you should lie down take some rest" Karishma cut in, she could still not stop blaming Amar for whatever that was happening, justified or not.

"Yes Karishma Singh. Please take her inside and come to my cabin immediately after" Amar responded, standing up briskly and awkwardly. What was he doing just now, he mentally cursed him.