Chapter 3

George's POV 

My wolf whines with every step I take away from my mate. No, its mate. Mike has nothing to do with me, not like that. 

You prick, it scowls. You just rejected the only one that's meant for you. You make both of you suffer, just for your foolish pride. 

I'm not gay. This is a mistake. There has to be a way to undo this. 

Yeah right, it snorts. You don't have the strength nor the will to break the connection. He's done nothing wrong, and you love him too much. 

He's my best friend, but I don't love him. I won't accept this. 

With that in mind I run back to school. I have to get as far away from Mike as possible.

~~~~~~~~~

'Fuck, George.' The girl, I think her name is Anna, squeaks in my arms as I pound relentlessly into her. 

A skinny, plastic human, but a girl. The way it should be. 

'Oh my God.' She shakes violently before going limp, completely blissed out. I follow only a second later, collapsing onto her. 

'That was amazing.' She pants and I nod, trying to remember if there was the same excitement and pleasure as before today. I find nothing. Nothing at all. 

I've just fucked the most popular girl in school and not felt a thing.

She isn't your mate. You'll never feel anything even if you fuck her for the rest of your life, my wolf snarls. 

We'll have to see, I silently retort as I get ready for round two. 

Pushing Mike to the furthest corner of my mind.

~~~~~~~~

Mike's POV 

The pain is unbearable. 

It isn't just the rejection, although that alone is enough to kill me. No, it's George doing something. More specifically, someone. 

I can't believe he's already fucking after breaking my heart only an hour ago. Just proves how little I matter to the one person who was supposed to cherish me most. 

You're a pathetic loser. Nobody loves you. Even your parents don't want you. 

That's the truth. My mother abandoned my father and me when I was only four, cracked under the pressure of being a Beta's mate. Dad hasn't been the same since. He never cares about me, however hard I always try to please him. Deep down I know he blames me for Mom's leaving. 

Everyday I appear strong, mature and reliable, as expected of a future Beta. I pretend that I can fend for myself, that I don't need anyone beside me.  

Secretly I was only able to keep up that facade until now because I believed ultimately there would be someone for me. I hung on to the notion that when I finally found that someone, I wouldn't have to pretend anymore. I'd tell them all my fears and insecurities, and they'd love me through them all. I wouldn't have to be alone any longer. 

Apparently the spirits have other plans. 

Maybe I don't deserve to be happy after all. 

'You're absolutely right, you know.' A menacing voice rang behind me. 'You disgusting creatures should suffer for eternity.' 

Too lost in the pain, I didn't realize the three women appearing from the dark woods and are now closing up on me. Red bloodthirsty eyes, pale skin, fangs like those of wild animals. Mouths curling into identical sinister snarls. 

Witches. 

We're under attack!