Guiding Light

seeks pov
The next day, after humans have been killed...

I stepped on the last humans head, crushing their skull. I went back to my hallway and flopped onto my puddle of ink.

Halt and Eyes walked through the door. "seek you good?" Eyes asked.

"yea im fine," I said, absorbing the ink into my body and standing up.

"Dupe, Rush and Ambush have decided to go to the courtyard and have pressured us into coming as well, you and Figure wanna come?"

"sure," I said, knowing Figure probably wouldn't have anything better to do.

I walked with the pair up to the library. I knocked on the door. We went in and as expected, Figure was at his desk reading.

"hey seek, whos with you?" Figure greeted.

"hey Figure, just Eyes and Halt. Some of us entities are going to the courtyard, wanna come?" i asked.

"Ok," Figure said as he stood up. He joined me, Eyes and Halt and we walked to the courtyard.

We passed Jeff, El Goblino and Bob. We asked if they wanted to come but they said they were busy.

We soon got to the courtyard and saw that Dupe, Ambush, Rush, Jack, screech and Timothy were there, sat in a circle along the wooden path that runs down the middle.

They made space for the four of us and we sat down. Jack said they were just about to play truth or dare.

Screech went first, "truth or dare... Ambush."

"uummmmmm..." Ambush thought, "truth."

Screech looked annoyed, he probably had a good dare.

"who do you like most in this hotel?"

"Rush of course!" Ambush put his hand on Rush. "my lovely, thoughtful amazing brother!" he said proudly.

Rush looked annoyed and scooted away from his brother.

"Halt, truth or dare?" Ambush asked.

"I'll go dare." Halt said.

"go get exactly 10 blades of grass." Ambush said.

Halt got up and went onto the grass. He carefully picked 10 blades and went over to ambush. Ambush whispered something to Halt.

Halt sat down, with the grass still in his hand. "Truth or dare Rush."

"dare!" Rush answered.

"eat it," halt handed the grass over to Rush.

"um ok," he put the grass peices into his mouth and ate the grass like it was nothing.

I don't know how that was possible as he was 2d and his body consisted of a head and two hands.

Idk an half an hour later...

"yes! Finally!" screech yelled in triumph. No one had been picking him because we all guessed he had a mean dare as he is always trying to find one in those books he borrows from the library. "I pick truth."

"if you were a human for a a day, outside of this hotel, what would you do first?" Figure asked.

"probably explore, I've always wanted to know what it's like outside of the hotel." screech answered. That's probably wat all of us would say. "anyway Seek, truth or dare?"

I decided to take one for the team and find out what Screech's dare was. "dare i guess."

Screech smiled smiled, trying to look evil. "I dare you to go talk to guiding light."

It wasn't too bad of a dare. Or was it? Guiding light is pretty unpredictable.

[[gl goes by they/them btw]]

"ok." i stood up and made my way over to the angel-like statue. I took a deep breath and stood infront of the statue.

"guiding light." I said.

I watched the blue sparkle break out of the stone. They flapped their wings and all the entitles looked over to watch. Even though none of us liked guiding, because they helped the humans, we could all agree that they looked amazing.

The sword became free of its stone shell and shimmered in the moonlight as guiding became used to the feeling of not being trapped in their own mind.

The human like being shrank to their comfortable sise.

"yes?" the angelic voice echoed around the courtyard.

I quickly tried to think of something to say, as I didn't want to make them angry by waking them up for nothing.

"why do you help the humans?" I asked.

"Part of the reason is that I need to help the humans. This hotel has a future none of you know about. I need to help the human reveal this secret to the world." guiding light answered.

"why can't you do it yourself? Why do you need to stop us from killing the humans? Why do they need to do it?"

Guiding sighed. "I cannot interfere with anything. I am not allowed to do that." they said that with a more angry tone.

"what do you mean? Why?"

"you don't need to know that seek!" they held out an arm towards me and a ball of blue light shot out of their hand. I didn't have time to react before it hit me.

Figure stood up and ran over. He managed to catch me before I fell over from the pain.

"what was that for?" Figure said.

"he annoyed me."

Figure pov

"i thought you just said you can't interfere with anything? Then how did you hit seek?" I asked, suspicious of what guiding light could and couldn't actually do.

"that isn't important right now. I suggest you go back to your little rooms or something before he gets hurt anymore." guiding said, then disappeared.

Every now and then, guiding light escapes from their stone statue and checks that everything is alright and how it should be. They don't need to be out of their statue to help humans though, as they have learnt to do that with their mind.

I lifted seek up and did what guiding suggested and took seek back to my room. It wasnt very hard getting back to the library, as I used echolocation and my little knowledge of some room layouts to navigate.

I put seek on my bed and figured he was probably seeping or had fainted as he wasn't saying anything, so I grabbed the book I was reading and ssat next to him on the bed. I let myself drift off into the land of books.

[[ hiiii so idk what to say so ty for reading ig have a nice day/morning/night. Byeee
Words: 1054]]