Guardian Angel

That day, Stevie would get home and to say she was out of it, that didn't even begin to cover the way she was feeling. She felt distant to the place she had called home, distant from everything including herself.

She got out of her vehicle with her overnight bag and she tried to keep herself together long enough to make it into the house to greet her children and sister in-law.

"Mommy!" Sofia yelled, running right over.

"Oh, my goodness," she dropped her bag and she dropped into a slight squat just so that she could have the proper strength to lift her child. "Oh, my baby," she squeezed her out of slight relief. "Mama missed you so much," she smiled, shifting her onto her hip but as soon as she looked at the baby's brown little orbs, she teared once more and she tried to clear the lump in the back of her throat. 

Maya soon slipped into the foyer, close enough that she could hear, but not close enough that Stevie could see her just yet.

"Why sad, mom?" she shrugged, not impressed by her tears. She then moved her little hand to the woman's face and she wiped them away. 

"I not sad, my love," she babbled. "I just missed you and your brothers..."

"My brothers?" she asked with such wonder behind her voice. 

The blonde couldn't help but chuckle. "Where's your auntie and your brothers?" she said to herself, starting her journey toward the living room. As soon as she took a few steps forward, she noticed her sister in-law and she sighed with a small smile. 

"Are you okay?" Maya asked, making her way closer. "Brian told me you had a lot to drink last night, but you look very upset, not really hungover."

"Oh, I am," she smirked, trying to cover the tears that were forming with a small laugh. "I just have a lot of feelings that I need to work through. And I have a favor I need from you..."

"Sure, anything?"

"You're a big Stevie Nicks fan, right?" she wondered. "Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks... whoever?"

"Well... Yeah," she shrugged, unsure of what to say. 

It wasn't that she wasn't a Stevie Nicks fan, she loved a lot of the music, but she did a rather deep dive in the last year that she was an expert, and it really did help her love grow for the woman, especially as she was growing to know her.

"Are all your CDs here? I'd like to flip through them... I met... I met Lindsey Buckingham; my new friends Lori and Sharon, they were Stevie's back up singers and Lori is Lindsey's sister in-law, I met Lori's husband..." she sighed. 

Her eyes went slightly wide only because her brother never told her anything and hearing that she spent a good portion of time with her family really had her shocked. 

"It was really strange, you know? I didn't know them and I feel like we're all just fast friends... It's really kind of great after the whole incident with Denise's and Amanda's craziness."

She nodded. 

"Well, anyway... Can I borrow the CDs?" she wondered. 

"Yeah, why don't you go and relax, I'll bring them to your room."

"I appreciate it... Are the boys upstairs?" she then asked. 

"Mhmm..."

"Far out," she then spun around and she made her way towards the stairs. "Okay, lovey girl..." she settled Sofia on the first step on the stairs. "You hold my hand and we shall go together, okay? Watch your step..."

"I do it," she replied, kicking each leg up on by one. 

Stevie was in no hurry really to get where she needed to go and she relished in helping her baby and her walking skills.