𝓹

Fly high, bungee jump ~

The sun was shining high in the sky, its rays warming Seoul for the summer

The sun was shining high in the sky, its rays warming Seoul for the summer. The Han river was calm and the waves reflected the strong light of the sun, creating plays of lights on the walls of the gloomy bridge of death.
Up there, only two teenagers were watching those powerful sceneries.

All the capital's inhabitants were busy with work, school exams or by simply cooking for lunch, unaware of what were to happen in a few minutes.

Spring had just come to an end and any kind of birds were dancing in dear and singing on the trees' branches. Flowers were bright and alive, often frequented by many types of insects.
Nature was happy and flourishing, after having been revived since the winter.

The two teenagers, mesmerized by their surroundings, were finally smiling. With their hands together, and the others clasped around a bunch of letters, they were just enjoying their last moments of life.

They had talked about it for the whole previous day, right after Iseul had met Renjun in the graveyard. They weren't strong, not anymore, not enough. But they couldn't leave like cowards, without much respect of their loved ones. So they decided to write seven letters; six for their friends, and one for the police. They were sure they were going to search for them, and someone was surely going to find their bodies or their shoes with the letters on the bridge.

Iseul needed to explain everything, as he main problems had been created by her own aunt. She was going to tell everything once and for all. She wanted justice, even in the afterlife.

"Do you think they are going to be okay?"

Renjun looked at his six letters, which he had written by himself. It was a goodbye to his friends, his last family, as he knew he wouldn't be able to do it in front of them. He loved them too much.

"They are strong." Iseul said with a sad smile. "They will move forward."

Renjun nodded in reassurance and squeezed her hand affectionately. Iseul returned it and caressed his cheeck.

"I've never said it, but thank you for saving me, all this months ago."

"Thank you for being here, until the very end."

The two shared a kiss of pure and blissful love, as their eyes became bright with tears.

They both knew it was time. Calm and emotionless they took off their shoes and put the letters just next, in hope for someone to find them before their corpses. 

Everything in their lives was meaningless but their love, for each other and their friends. They could see the beauty in nature, but their bodies weren't warmed by emotions anymore, if not for simple ones. Renjun was deeply pained, while Iseul felt lost. But they both were happy together, on the bridge of death.

They climbed up and sat down on the handrail, right where they first met months before. They clasped their hands together and looked at each other's eyes one last time.

"I love you, Shin Iseul."

"I love you too, Huang Renjun."

And they jumped.