IV

Worry no more, part one.

AS IT TURNS OUT, it was indeed Eva and Layla Morris. Eva was beaten to death while Layla had a head injury that caused her death at such a young age.

And it turns out that the husband, Joseph Morris — who remarried after 10 years of Eva and Layla's disappearance — was the suspect in the disappearance of his own family.

Such a horrifying way to die, This case is indeed more horrifying than Greer had thought.

That night too when they came home to 35 Portland Row, they found George sitting in the kitchen, waiting for them.

They ate and then went to their separate bedroom, while Greer stayed in the kitchen staring at the source of Eva and Layla Morris. She had removed the silver glove that protected her like armor from sources that were dangerous enough to kill her.

"No knocking?" Lockwood asked as he sat up and leaned his head on the headboard "I'm here to get a shirt." Greer said, "After past midnight?"

"Spilled water on my shirt." She said "As always" she added before Lockwood was able to comment. He's shirtless as usual. He's always shirtless when he's about to sleep "You're shirtless again, aren't you cold?" Greer asked as she looked for a comfortable shirt. Lockwood being shirtless doesn't bother her, She's used to seeing him shirtless. "Don't mind me."

"Who said I do?" Greer scoffed, she turned her back on him as she took off the wet white shirt. He had seen her in a bra without a shirt — but of course, she had sweatpants on —before many times, especially since they grew up together. They used to take baths together when they were children, probably around six. But, of course, somebody had stopped them showering together because one moment they were playing then a moment later, they were trying to drown each other.

"Do we have an interview tomorrow?" She asked — she never was in any interviews. it was kind of boring for her, other people trying to make up a story for George's toothbrush cup "Yeah, lots of people called George today." Lockwood answered.

"That's great." She doesn't sound happy but she is, she needs someone here other than Lockwood and George. Greer wanted a female colleague so that she had some allies because George and Lockwood were like a team of boys.

She noticed the shirt was kind of loose to her body, so she thought she got skinnier "That's my shirt." Lockwood said "How do you know? Why is it in my drawer?" Greer said as she furrowed her eyebrows "I must have misplaced it." It was a good point because their drawer looked the same "That's why it's so big on me," Greer nodded her head, "Do you want me to take it off? Though, I'm too lazy to." She told him and he shrugged off and went back to reading the magazine, "You can take that off anytime you want, one shirt wouldn't hurt."

"Can I stay here for a while? And I have something to tell you."

"What-"

"I'll get a biscuit first." Greer was nervous as she grabbed the cookies, she still hadn't told him what she did and she knew she would be angry once he found out but it was better this way "Better than losing." That's her motto.

her thoughts interrupted by the sound of the creaking door, she turned around to see Lockwood shirtless in his trousers. She breathed when she saw it was just him. Greer was not very fond of people sneaking up on her while she was doing something "You took so long." Lockwood said.

"I called DEPRAC." Greer blurted "What?" Lockwood raised his eyebrow while he took a seat "I knew what happened," Greer said as she put down the cookie on the table for her and Lockwood to share. She could have prepared tea but the word just came out of her mouth so suddenly "You didn't do what I think you did, did you?"