☠︎one☏

Tatum was laying across the couch watching TV waiting for her dad, it was finally a warm day in Woodsboro so she wore a flannel and ripped jeans.

She was waiting for her dad Dewey to get back with dinner, "I'm back kiddo!"
Dewey walked in with a grin on his face, those were rare these days.

"I found a movie to watch!" The black haired girl replied, she had Jaws ready on the TV.

"Pesto pasta right?" Dewey handed the plate to his daughter.
She sat up right and her dad sat next to her, "jaws, what a classic, I knew a guy who loved this movie" Dewey paused, he was talking about her uncle Randy.

"He would always point out how stupid the characters were" he laughed out loud a bit, "he was a good kid"

Tatum started the movie and the two made jokes and talked throughout the whole thing.

"Did he just try to kick a shark!" Tatum made fun of the character loudly almost spilling her root beer.
When the movie ended Tatum stood up and collected the sauce covers dishes.

She rinsed them in the dirty dish filled sink, she decided to wash them before bed, she knew her dad needed professional help like a therapist, but he never admitted it, he wanted Tatum to think he was strong.

As she washed the dishes she got a text from her girlfriend Tara,

Angel❤
Hey babe :))))

Me
Hey, just washing dishes, everything ok?

Angel❤
Do I need an excuse to talk to be beautiful girlfriend?

Me
Ajskdiejad
I'm flattered

Angel❤
Oh wait, the phones ringing

Me Careful, it might be ghostface👻🔪

Tatum placed her phone down and grabbed a mug, she thought she saw some rustling in the bushes outside, it was probably just her cat Bounce.

Angel❤
this is getting weird, could you come over? I'm completely alone

Me
Ofc, as soon as I can I'll drive down ok? Just breathe I'm sure it's nothing

Angel❤
Thanks babe, you know what it's probably my imagination, good night <3

Tatum finished up with the recycling, she brought the recycling out to the curb for the next morning.

A loud bang down the street spooked her and she dropped the bag and her phone, she only picked up the bag not realizing her phone was no longer in her pocket.

"We have like two neighbors who the fuck is making noise?"
She spoke to herself, Tatum left the two large bins at the curb and looked into the sky, the stars were really visible tonight.

Another noise in the bush made her paranoied, "if there's a monster or some shit, my girlfriend will kill you if I die! And my dad has a gun"

She awkwardly stepped back inside and locked the door.
"I'm heading to bed dad!" She heard a muffled call back from her dads room.

The bathroom was small but easy to find everything, her red toothbrush had Darth Vader on it because her dad was a huge nerd, she inherited that trait.
Tatum changed into flannel patterned pajama pants and her dads hoodie.

"Oh shit!" She relized her phone was gone, "god dammit"
The dark haired girl opened the front door to find her phone sitting gently on the steps, "the fuck?"

She chalked it up to dropping it as she went in and didn't notice, she definitely didn't notice the message "she" left to her girlfriend.

She turned her favorite podcast on and drifted to sleep, the last good sleep she would have for a while.

Tatum woke up at seven am to get ready for school, she went to Woodsboro high aka blood school as the students called it.

She had a small group of friends, her closest friends were the Meeks-Martin twins, and of course, the beautiful Tara Carpenter.

Tatum got dressed into black jeans, a David Bowie shirt and her black flannel.
The flannel was her moms, one of the few casual garmets she owned.

Dewey was still asleep, he hadn't fallen asleep till late into the night.
"Dad?" Tatum peeked into the room and saw her dad, the picture of him and Gale's wedding still sits on his bedside table.

Neither of her parents admitted, but she knew they still loved each other.

"Dad! wake up! I made coffee it's on the counter" Dewey got up and Tatum grabbed her backpack.

"I'm heading out dad, love you", "bye kiddo" the ex sheriff hugged his daughter goodbye, "have a good day tater tot"
He sadly smiled when the door closed.

He remembered when she was a little kid, him and Gale would take her to the beach and she pretended to be a mermaid with water powers.

The day would consist of her "saving" her parents from evil monsters, Gale always pretended to report on the hero who saved Woodsboro from the ocean monsters.

Tatum got to school and saw her friends around the table they eat lunch at, "Tate! Finally oh my god"
Chad ran up to her and dragged her towards her friend group, "that the fuck Chad?"

"Did you not hear?" He asked confused, "what do you mean? Where's Tara? she's here before me most days"

The absence of her girlfriend concerned her based on her friends grim faces.
"Tara was attacked last night, did no one tell you?"

"What!?" Tatum checked her phone, "my chat with her was erased, I know I was talking to her around seven last night but I haven't heard from her since."

Tatum not only felt sad and worried, but pissed off, no one thought to text or even call her that night they waited hours!

"We have to go see her!" She went to get back to her car but Chad grabbed her arm once again, "not so fast Tatum, she's asleep."

"What else haven't I been told? I would like to know about my girlfriends well being!"
Tatum huffed.
"Nothing, she's stable and asleep" Wes chimed in, "we're all gonna go see her as soon as she wakes up, and once one of us finds out we'll text you first."

Tatum took a deep breath, "do we have any idea who did it?" The group had an awkward pause, "she says it was someone in a ghost face mask... "

Tatum felt her heart speed up, "what? No that's not possible" she continued to talk to herself, "I mean, I guess it is but it's been eleven fucking years!"

Amber averted her gaze from Tatum, "Tate slow down, it's probably just some moron trying to be like Billy and Stu, besides, the police are already on it" Chad attempted to console her friend.

"We should get to class" Amber changed the subject, "your right, but as soon as she wakes up we're at the hospital."

Tatum walked to her journalism class but her mind kept wandering to Tara, alone in the hospital, she pulled out her phone and texted her.

Me
Hey baby, I only just found out what happened and I'm so sorry, are you ok? I know your asleep but text me as soon as you wake up

I'm heading over as soon as I can, I love you so much ❤❤❤

Chapter one is kinda shit I know that but I had literally no idea what to do, I'm gonna add an extra day or at least a few hours bc I want to have a scene with Gewey and Tatum in the hospital, the real movie has no time that works so it's gonna be a bit different.