* ᴏɴᴇ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜQᴜᴀᴋᴇ*

Start from the beginning

Katsuki turned back to his friend, playing on the swing, before something started going horribly wrong...

Almost like something in the ground physically broke, the ground began shaking violently. There was no stopping it, and that thought terrified the hell out of Katsuki and Izuku. 

"Kacchan!" Izuku cried out, the small infant's eyes welling up. He was going to start crying.

Katsuki could only describe what he did next as a loss of inhibitions. It was just his body acting without his brain consciously being involved, and that was a very strange concept to a four year old. He ran forward, and managed to stop the swing Izuku was on, and took the tiny boy into his arms. He was crying now, properly. The shaking ground was terrifying him, and the buildings starting to wobble around the two of them, only made it worse. 

"Deku, please. Hold on to me." He asked, holding the smaller infant as close as possible in his arms. Izuku clung onto Katsuki with a surprisingly strong grip for a scrawny four year old. He was desperate. 

"What about Mama and Auntie..?" He whimpered. He was worried for them both, and didn't want to be an orphan, and neither did Katsuki. 

Katsuki's eyes swivelled around as he tried to locate his parents, and Deku's mum. Unfortunately, he had no luck. "I don't know Deku, just stay still... as still as possible, please. Imagine you're a statue." Katsuki pleaded, hugging the smaller boy equally as tight. 

"Kacchan, all the statues have been destroyed by now!" He said, whilst sobbing. Katsuki couldn't help but feel bad for the smaller boy, but those feelings were interrupted by a quickly approaching tree trunk, about to crush him and Deku. So, he had no choice but to let go of Deku, and forcefully move them both out of the way. And, the two only missed the tree trunk by mere inches, and that frightened Izuku even more. 

"Kacchan!" He squeaked, crying properly. He didn't know whether to hold his arms up to his body to protect it, or to wipe the tears streaming from his eyes. 

Katsuki's heart softened as he looked at a panic-stricken Izuku, and it was then that he knew that something had to be done, to relieve the boy from his fear. In a truly... well, it seemed brilliant at the time, but looking back it was a nothing but frantic move, Katsuki picked Izuku up, and carried him to a clearing nearby, there was much less chance of things falling on them when there was simply nothing about. But, by the time the two infants made it there, the earthquake had come to stop. It was round 2 now, and round 2 was worse. Much, much worse.

Water started gushing in from the nearby sea, and the two boys heard it before they saw it. Simultaneously, the two turned around to see a truly colossal wave heading towards them, brutally knocking down trees in the process. To say they were scared, was simply just an understatement. They were petrified, and out running that would be extremely difficult for a fully grown human, nevermind their 4 year old bodies that hardly did much. So, the two youthful hands entwined, and stupidly quickly, they realised that this was how their lives would end, before it really, decently started. 

Except... their lives didn't end, and neither did their friendship. Despite the slight fact that Izuku and Katsuki's hands became wet, and loose, meaning that they had separated, both were well and truly fine after that incident. Sure, of course the two of them were well and truly shaken up, but they were fine. Even if Izuku had swallowed a whole lot of water, and both were truly drenched in freezing cold water to the core, they were fine. Except the slight fact that they had no ideas where their parents were, and that was a huge problem. With no parents... both boys pained to think what would happen to them.