Grogu // Din Djarin

(Din Djarin x F!Reader)

"Be careful, don't go too far!" I shout. The children run along the edge of the water as you sit on the patio's lip, weaving some reeds into a basket. The sunlight is shining down brightly and it's another gorgeous day. There was just one thing missing: Din. Just then, a screaming cry breaks the air. "Oh for the—I told you two to stop being so rough!" I say, getting up from where I was sitting to walk over.

Somehow, I had become a mother to two absolute terrors. It's only been over the past two months that they've really gotten bad. Two children was rough enough, but twins? A nightmare and it was all Din's fault. He had gotten a little too careless with his words during sex and we ended up having a little boy and a little girl. While Din explored the galaxy, I stayed home with the babies. His line of work is rather dangerous, so we rarely see him.

I walked over to the screaming little girl, who was on her butt, clinging to her skinned knee. "Did you push your sister down?" I asked. The little boy looks away. He's definitely 100% Din, with that shameful little look that begs you not to punish. "I told you both. Now inside for nap time." I pick the little girl up and the little boy takes my hand. We walk back to the house.

After cleaning up a minor scrap, I put both of them to bed. Just as I'm starting dinner, I can hear an engine roaring overhead. Din's been gone for months on end now. I stopped trying to keep track the last time he left. I just pray every day he comes home in one piece if at all. The engine quiets and I can hear the creatures in the forest, fluttering their wings and crying out. I leave the children asleep in their beds and walk outside to see him coming across the field towards the house.

He's carrying something. I meet him halfway. "You're just in time for dinner." I say. "Well, we need to talk about something." He said. "Can't it wait? I'd like to have a moment alone with you." I say. Just then, the burlap he's carrying begins to move. "What is that?" He sighs, reaching up and unveiling a small green creature wrapped up. His eyes were round like saucers and his ears were the only thing that could've outmatched them. His skin was green and covered with small amounts of fuzz.

"Din?" "I'm sorry, Y/N. I couldn't just leave him there. He's just a baby." I sighed. "Let me see..." I took him from Din. "Well, what are we supposed to do with him?" I asked. "He needs somewhere that will be safe." "We can't be sure that we're safe here." "I know, but...he could just stay for a little while. I'm sure the kids would find him fascinating." He says. "Does he at least have a name?" I ask. "Grogu is his name."

Later on, Din is with the twins in their room, playing. Grogu is sitting on my lap near the stove where the fire is the warmest. I've got a book propped open that I'm reading. Every couple of pages, he makes it a point to touch the book. He's refused to leave my side and has pretty much decided that I'm a fitting enough mother. "So I take it this is where he's been all these months? With you?" I hear Din's soft footsteps echoing down the hall. "They're finally asleep. What happened to Koska's knee?" I sighed. "Nakil pushed her down and she scraped it." "He shouldn't be so rough with her, but I guess they've gotta learn their own limits." He says, pulling up a chair beside me.

"I think we'll need to find some sleeping room for him too." I say. Din looks over at Grogu who's fallen asleep in my lap. "I have to leave again tomorrow." I can't help but feel hurt over it. "You just got home." "I have to keep moving to keep you safe...all of you." You lean over, placing your head against his shoulder. "I wish things could just be normal for a while." "One day they will, maybe not today...but one day."

In the morning, Din was gone. I woke up in bed with both the twins and a little green alien. The children didn't seem to mind. They found him just as interesting as Din promised they would. I wouldn't know when he'd return. I could only hope that it would be soon.

A/N: Just a quick little interlude bc some of the stuff i'm working on is longer and might take a while.