Kisses // Dave York

(Dave York x F!Reader)

"Dave!" You squeal. His fingers are wrapped around your ankle, tugging you back to him. You roll over onto your back, happy laughter echoing from your mouth. He moves between your legs as they wrap around his waist. Your arms move up around his neck. "God, I love you." You say. "I love you more, sweetheart."

You sniffled softly, tears lighting on your cheeks. It's been 4 months since you and Dave called it quits. Really, it wasn't your choice. Dave didn't even give you a reasonable explanation as to why he was leaving. He just left. These 4 months had been more lonely than ever. You missed him.

~~~

You and Dave had met at a conference in DC. The conference was for you and all of the other medical professionals in your same field. As you followed your peers outside, they seemed to keep walking. Like usual, you weren't welcome with them for lunch. It's all about the hierarchy.

Instead, you had lunch alone. You were sitting, digging into your turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich when a gorgeous looking brunette looked up from across the way. You swore sparks flew when your eyes met, sure it was cheesy, but it was realistic. He was on the phone, but when your eyes met, he hung up. He started over.

"Friends ditch you?" He asked, standing over the empty chair on the opposing end of the table. You shrugged your shoulders. "I'm not part of their group." You answered. His brows lifted. "I was just making a joke." He said, softening his eyes. "It's okay, I'm not offended." You said. A bit of awkward silence was shared. "Sit down." You said.

"You uh...here for the conference?" He asked. "Yeah. Pretty boring stuff if you ask me." You comment. Dave just shrugs. "What do you do?" He asks. "Medical professional." You respond. "Duh. I know that, but what kind of MP?" His smile catches your eye; it's adorable.

"Brain surgeon's assistant." You finally answer. "Fun." He says, with a sly smirk. You roll your eyes. "Hardly. Someone's always ordering me around." His brows go up. "Oh, you don't like that?" He questions. You realize what you've said. "Only when it's coming from the right person." You say.

After lunch, the two of you stroll around the building, talking and joking with each other. "Oh crap!" You say, gazing at the clock on your phone. "I uh...I have to get back in there." You say, jutting your thumb. "Sure. How long are you here?" He asks. "Until 4:30." You respond. "Great! I mean, that's a good time." He says, reaching up and nervously rubbing his neck.

"I'll see you, Dave." You say, turning and walking away. "Wait!" He shouts. You halt, turning back to face him. "Listen, uh, do-do you wanna—maybe have dinner with me tonight?" He asks. You smile, nodding your head. "Sure. I'd like that." You say. He nods. Dave hangs out around the conference hall for the rest of the afternoon.

The two of you attend dinner and have each other for dessert after. The rest is history.

~~~

But now, here you sit in your office, crying over patient files on the computer. The background screen on your laptop is you and Dave in the middle of Rock Creek Park in DC. Your second date after Dave convinced you to hang out for an extra day after the conference. You didn't have the heart to change the photo.

How could you replace what you loved most with a generic 4K waterfall wallpaper? You wipe your eyes again as there's a knock at the door. "Come in." You rasp. The door opens to reveal a slender brunette. She's wearing large round glasses, a white lab coat and an ID badge clipped to her pocket. "Dr. Audrey." You say, turning around in your chair.

"Good afternoon, Ms. L/N." She says, shutting the door. "What can I do for you?" You say, gathering your emotions together. "It's just another client file. Although, I see now you're in no condition to work." She says. "No! No, I'm fine." You say. She raises a brow in disbelief. You sigh. "Okay, it's been a rough day, but I'll make it."

The Pedro Pascal Filesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें