My nightmares have also started again.

Ever night since that night at the restaurant, I've woken up in a sweat over whatever my mind decided to conjure up in my sleep. Alex is usually the star of my nightmares, whether it's a memory of his abuse or the night he died, or sometimes the dream starts out with him happy and ends in a horrific way.

I've tried different methods to get the nightmares to go away. Eating edibles, melatonin, self care routines before bed, and even different homemade herbal teas from recipes I found online, but nothing has worked so far.

But once again, obladi oblada, life goes on. The only good thing that came out of that night was the $3000 cash Harry stupidly left on his table for me when him and Zayn came to eat at my work. I was able to put most of it in my savings and set aside a little bit for something fun, I just haven't decided what yet, but I think it's well deserved.

That all leads me to now, Sunday evening after the longest weekend of my life at work. It's right in the middle of summer which means tourist season is in full effect. Sunday is absolutely the busiest day of the week at a restaurant mainly for brunch. As soon as I came home I ran a steaming hot bath and relaxed until I looked like a raisin. I did a full ten step skin care routine and put my hair in some silk rollers to make it look nice for my lunch with Gianna tomorrow.

Gianna has been a saint to me through everything. She can over yesterday to bring me a few days worth of food. Even though she doesn't know what's going on exactly, she's the kind of friend that doesn't need to know the details, she just wants to be there for me. I appreciate her and how close we've become more than she'll ever know.

After my little self care routine, I decided to come sit out on my balcony and enjoy the rare warm nighttime air of the summer. It was a sunny day and beautiful outside and it's just continued into the night. I leaned back in my chair and lit a joint, feeling the best I have all week and hoping that's an indication of a good nights sleep coming up.

My phone buzzes from its spot on the table and I assume it's either my group chat with Gianna and Joey or it's Shaye, but I roll my eyes when I unlock my phone to see the message.

From Harry: Hey ugly.

I'm contemplating actually trying to fist fight him the next time I see him.

From Harry: What's on the itinerary tonight?

He's so fucking weird.

To Harry: your mom.

Take that, idiot.

From Harry: I set myself up for that one. One point to you, cotton candy head ass.

That's a new one. But his charming nicknames for me are nothing new, especially the last few days with his sly attempts at checking on me. I guess I'll be nice and let him know I'm actually having a good night to myself.

To Harry: if you must know, i'm having a great night. just having me time. i'm good.

From Harry: Oh? Me time? Can I watch?

Fucking idiot. I hate him so much.

To Harry: i set myself up for that one. we're tied. idiot.

From Harry: So believe it or not, I didn't actually text you just to harass you. I have a question.

Oh god, that's the worst thing he could have possibly said. Now my mind is racing with what the question could be. Did his boss find anything else on me? Did he back out of his promise to cover for me? He's definitely waiting for a response from me before he asks the question, so I keep my response light.