Chapter 15

POV: Felicity
I sit here in a uncomfortable hospital bed munching on a hospital made grilled cheese sandwich. Macy just left after protesting to leave for a good 20 minutes. Oliver still remains with me and sits in a chair on the side oft bed.

"This is disgusting" I say as I throw down the half eaten sandwich

"Sorry, there is not much to eat at 12:30 in the middle of the night"

"Right. I'm dying for one of my many microwaveable Mac and cheeses right now"

"Well once you get home you can have as many as you want"

"Please, don't encourage me I will eat a whole freezer full if given the chance"

I look over at Oliver who is looking at me, he has a soft comforting smile on his face, but has tired eyes.

"Oliver, go home" I say

"What? No I'm not leaving you here" he protests

"Yes, you are tired and need to rest"

"No, I'm not leaving you"

"Why not?"

"Because, I can't...I just cant"

"Oliver, I'm fine"

"Fel-ic-ity, I'm not leaving till you leave, were partners we do everything together"

Great I've been promoted from friends to partners. Just what every girl wants to be in the partner zone.

"At least get some sleep here, please"

"Ok"

Oliver gets up and pulls some chairs together to lay on and used his sweatshirt as a pillow.

"You know there are more comfortable things to sleep on here" I say

"And there are less comfortable things, like a rock hard ground on a island, so I think I'm good, and I don't want to bother the nurses"

"Not what I meant" I say. Oliver looks at me with a confused expression

"I mean this bed, I mean it is pretty big and I'm kinda small so I can move over if you want and you can sleep on half of the bed. You know if you want...you don't have to I see why it would be weird, you know cause you have a girlfriend and it's not me. And
Also I'm your assistant and there are already enough rumors going around the office about me and you and-" I babble

"Fel-ic-ity, that would be nice, are you sure?" He asks

"Of course!" I say a little to enthusiastically

"I mean of course" I say a little less enthusiastically

I move over in the bed, my body aches and hurts. Oliver must have been able to tell that it hurts because he gently picks me up and moves you over.

"Thanks" I say his eyes meeting mine

"No problem" he says

He then carefully crawls next to me in the bed. I can feel his body heat right away and his sweet scent.

"Try to get some sleep Felicity" he says, but to tired to answer so I just groan.

Oliver lays by me as I slowly drift of to sleep almost right away.
*************************************
POV: Oliver
I lay next to Felicity in the hospital bed she is laying on her back and her golden wavy hair fans out around her head. I can smell her sweet lavender shampoo and her chest slowly rises and falls with every breath she takes. She looks so peaceful, so beautiful so...angelic. I watch her sleep and soon I begin to doze off to and for the first time since before the island there are no nightmares or flashbacks, instead just sweet dreams.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I'm so sorry. Finals are coming up so I'm busy studying for them, I plan to update again by Thursday but no promises.
-BJ😊

What do you think so far?