Chapter Thirty-Four

"I finally finished the scooter and gave it to Anna," Korn announced to him the following week.

"She must have been so excited," Mew answered after giving Korn a congratulatory whoop. "What's your next project?"

"I'm not sure...maybe cleaning out my workspace," Korn answered thoughtfully.

"Is that possible?" Mew teased.

"Hey, I'll have you know I have a very clean workspace."

"You'll have to show me sometime." Mew's voice had gone dangerously low and rough and Korn knew exactly what that meant.

"Just as long as you don't do anything naughty."

"Really, you think I'd risk tetanus when you have a perfectly good bed at home less than 50 metres away?"

"I'll have to think about that."

It was Korn's turn to tease and Mew's harumph was exactly what he wanted to hear. It was better than the hitched breath that sent a signal straight to his cock bypassing all common sense.

"Think about it later. I want to hear whether you think we'd get up to in your workshop," Mew said, his breath coming out short and shaky.

Korn would have laughed if the thought of Mew hot and bothered didn't throw him right into the same fire. But there was nothing either of them could do when that spark caught them at the same time. The desperate need flooded his senses until he'd done everything possible to ease the pressure. The orgasms were the best he'd had without another person in the room with him.

"This is ridiculous," Mew said breathlessly but he didn't sound like he was complaining.

"What?" Korn asked also out of breath.

"How much I want you?"

"Same."

That's how they'd been surviving—on phone sex. Korn had never been in a situation where it was that necessary or that potent. It served its purpose but it was not a long-term solution. Denial wouldn't make the problem go away. Yet he still didn't have a better plan. Just when he thought there was nothing he could do, Mew came up with a solution.

"Monday is a holiday," he whispered to Korn a few days later.

Korn was lying in bed with the lights off. Talking to Mew sometimes left him feeling so maudlin, he didn't want anything but the shroud of darkness to keep him from acknowledging how much he wished he was there.

"With the amount of overtime I work, I'm not one to look forward to a public holiday but I really want my day off or three," he groused.

"What are you planning to do with so much free time?" Korn asked.

"Sleep. Or better yet...I could come to you."

"Or I to you."

"Only one of us can make that decision. The last thing we need is to end up in the right place at the wrong time."

"Can you imagine?"

There was a moment of silence on the other line but Korn didn't try to fill it. Such things happened more often than not so he waited until Mew was ready to speak.

"There's a hotel I was told about...it's supposed to be exactly halfway between Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I don't know how true that is but we could both drive there, couldn't we?"

"You want to spend the holiday at a hotel."

"It's more like a bed and breakfast and it's supposed to have this great view and amazing food. It's gay-friendly too. But as much as the hotel sound like a great idea, the real draw would be spending time with you."