Preview of new fanfic

Gypsy Phantom

They did it. She did it. Cassie Cage defeated Shinnok from taking over Earthrealm. A month later she is still praised like it was yesterday, now life presented her with a new challenge.

Cassie Cage was walking with Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin and Takeda Takashi when they heard a sudden scream then a young girl of age 10-11 ran from a shop nearby with bread in her hands. The young girl ran into Jin, who quickly scooped her up "Hey what's the matter?" Jin asked the young girl "Let me go! You jerk!" She said squirming "You right there" a man said "Hand me that girl" Jin looked at the girl she looked like she was homeless wearing a patched oversized hoodie, ripped tights and worn out sneakers "I'm so sorry sir my sister can be a bit of a troublemaker" Jin said oh how a lie can slip that easily. The man raised an eyebrow "Your sister?" "My adopted sister. Right guys?" The gang nodded in agreement "......Alright then but you still have to pay for that loaf" the man said Jin nodded "How much?" "$10" Jin payed and the man left. "Thanks" the girl said jumping out of his arms she began to walk away "Wait you can't just walk away! Where are you going anyway?" Cassie said the girl looked at her "I'm going home" she said pulling up her hood "Can you at least tell us your name?" The young girl paused "......I don't know" she said with a shrug and quickly walked away before they could say anything more.

"She doesn't know her own name?" Cassie's mother Sonya Blade asked Jin shook his head "She looked like a homeless orphan" said Takeda then the news turned on "The Gypsy Phantom has been spotted again this time she/he was reportedly seen making a flower crown at the edge of a cliff singing a Hungarian language song that which translated means 'Leave me be, I want to be left alone, Just leave me alone'. People have claimed to have seen the face of this Phantom many claim it's a young girl with wavy dirty blonde hair with Central heterochromia making the eyes blue with a hazel center others say it's a unisex child with brown hair and gray eyes with a light blue center. What ever she/he looks like they are being found in various parts of the U.S and it seems to be a pattern during spring they are in states that have a warmer climate, summer cold climate, autumn warm climate and in winter a mild climate" the news went on to a different topic "They need to stop obsessing over this kid. What's so famous about him/her anyway?" Jin asked turning off the TV "They say he/she is a child of Boyash Gypsies that went missing years ago" Jacqui said "The dad was supposedly in jail for domestic abuse at the time and the mom was the suppose reason why the kid ran away" Takeda let out a low whistle "Harsh" yeah pretty harsh...

~Gypsy Phantom POV~
"He was nice to help me out back there" I thought taking another bite of bread "Goulash is almost finished" I said to myself stirring the mixture meat, vegetables, and paprika. 2 years since I went "missing" 2 years since I've been found "dead" I ran away when me and my mom was here in America for a vacation but one night while she was passed drunk I quietly slipped out of bed, grabbed my backpack of clothes including my brother's black hoodie and left. When my mom found out I was gone she called police, they looked everywhere but I outsmarted them. "Hello? Anyone home?" I looked up from the Goulash I was in a old abandoned apartment no could have found me here heck no one knows what I look like "It's me the guy from before. The one that payed for your bread" I hid behind a old couch "I just wanna talk" I hesitated, I stepped back before I knew it the floor underneath me broke I screamed. When the dust cleared I looked down my lower half was dangling above the basement the guy from earlier came over "You okay?" He asked offering his hand I grabbed it and he pulled me up, I tried to stand but I couldn't. I looked down I had a few cuts I managed to crawl over to my backpack and pull out a bottle of white vinegar "I don't think that's a good-" I poured it on my wounds I screamed in pain it hurt! But that's one way I learned on how to clean a wound another way was to lick it but there was no way I was licking my thighs in front of a random guy