Chapter 12

Chapter 12

* * *

I stood in the corner of the art room with my arms crossed, glaring at Will from head to toe as he pulled his art project out of a tube. He laid it down on a table, and then looked up at me with a cheeky grin.

"You can sit down," he said. I knew that, I just didn't want to sit down. Sometimes when you're mad at someone, you like to stay as far away from them as possible.

"I can, but that doesn't mean I will," I responded, trying not to smile. It wasn't as tense as it was before but if I smiled, I knew it wouldn't be long until I would feel guilty and...apologize.

He sighed. "All right, have it your way."

I leant against the wall, watching as he began to paint over the paper. I exhaled silently, my legs feeling somewhat tired. He looked up at me, as if he heard me sigh, and patted the stool next to me.

I rolled my eyes but decided that I was being stupid. It was my fault we weren't talking - I should've apologized a long time ago.

I sat down next to him and as I did, he dropped his paint brush into a tin and pulled the stool closer to him. I wobbled slightly due to the slight movement but relaxed. Our stools were so close that our shoulders were touching.

He tossed a paintbrush towards me and I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Paint with me," he said with a big grin. That's when I realized I didn't even have to apologize, he had already accepted it without a word coming out of my mouth.

"I suck at art, you know that," I reminded him and he shook his head.

"So? Don't ruin the moment, Lauren," he warned me but not really threateningly. That's when I remembered the weekend he was having a movie night with me and I had said the same thing.

I laughed softly. "Okay, but if you get an F on your project...it's all your fault."

"A good F," he added.

He began to stroke the paintbrush on the side of the painting, which I recognized as a sunflower. He dipped it into some yellow paint and just as he drew it back, paint landed on my right cheek. My mouth dropped open and he slowly looked over at me, surprised.

"That's how you wanna play huh, William?" I asked teasingly. He shook his head, not expecting things to turn out this way. He was probably expecting things to get better since we were getting along for the first time in a week.

I dipped my paintbrush in some blue paint and began to stroke above his upper lip, drawing a mustache. I dropped my paintbrush and placed my hand on my cheek, smiling like an idiot, and then giggling slightly.

He closed his eyes, not believing what I just did, and dipping his paintbrush in red paint.

"Will, don't even think about it!" I said, realizing what he was going to do as the paintbrush inched closer and closer to my lips.

"You called me 'Will'," he stated with a growing smile.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized, moving my stool away from him.

"Idiot, why are you apologizing?"

I shrugged. In a quick movement, he swiped the paintbrush over my lips and I crinkled my nose. He had painted my lips red, all over.

"Owned," he said and I pursed my lips. I didn't move, though. I didn't exactly want to taste red paint, it was probably toxic too. 

I attempted to remove the paint with my index finger but he grabbed my wrist and poked at it with his finger. I don't know why, but I blushed, shocked.

I couldn't speak, not because of surprise, but because of the paint on my lips. 

For some reason, I kind of wanted his finger to touch my lips. I don't know why, I just did. Will and I were never this intimate before, why was he being like that now?

"Will!" a voice shrieked and we both jumped. Will drew his hand back and looked away. In the place I was sitting, there was no way someone could see me unless they walked into the room. The figure wasn't even in the doorway.

"V-Vanessa..." he stuttered and he shot me a scared look. Vanessa? As in his girlfriend?

"I thought you would be here! I came to find you!" she explained and I could hear her footsteps walking into the room.

"No!" he suddenly yelled. I stopped breathing, and decided I couldn't get caught like this. I analyzed his face for any sign of an order, unless he wanted me to stay?

"What are you talking about, Will?" she asked.

"I mean...I'm all done with my project so just wait out there. Mrs. Jenkins wouldn't want you in here anyway," he quickly said. I thought it worked for a second, but that's when I looked up to see her standing directly in front of us.

"Who's she?" she angrily asked, pointing a finger at me. "And why are her lips painted red?"

She narrowed her eyes and then found what she was looking for. Will's paintbrush still in his hand. The very same paintbrush that was covered in red paint.

* * *

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, LOL. 8D I hope you enjoy reading it too, even though it's a bit short! I think I did a pretty good job for a cliffhanger, am I right? I've been told cliffhangers are great to have in a story so why not? Lol :) I typed this in like twenty minutes even! Opinions on this chapter? What do you think? Comment to let me know! PLEASE AND THANK YOU! xD