Chapter 20 : Digging One's Own Grave

Hello, my Dearest Readers.

Are you coming to Baron Fitzroy's party this evening?

I must say, I doubt anything exciting will happen, (it is the Baron Firzroy, after all), but who knows, anything can happen.

Perhaps some unwarranted touches? a hug? oh my... maybe even a kiss!

Well, only time will tell.

Although, I must admit, I hope something scandalous does happen tonight, because let's be truthful with ourselves, besides our Diamond and the Prince, what is even exciting about this season?

Well, let's just hope tonight is entertaining, hm?

—Lady Feicuiton Societt Papers—
—7 September 1813—

Marcy glared at the dance floor as Anne and Marcius danced together. She hated the fact that Anne was doing that, dancing and chatting and laughing with her brother, she wished Anne would just do all those things with her; well, it was sort of Marcy's fault this was happening, she supposed.

As Marcy took a long and large gulp from her champagne, Sasha couldn't help but be worried, the blonde knew why the princess was acting like that, the—other—love of her life was dancing with her brother! but Marcy was bright, she should remind herself what Anne told the two of them the other day and realize why the brunette was doing that.

"Marcy, my dear..." Sasha said softly, watching the ravenette finish her entire drink in one sip. "are you certain that is a smart idea? drinking that much champagne that quickly...?"

Marcy glared at the blonde as she dropped the glass from her mouth, licking the rest of the champagne off her soft lips, "I taught myself perfect algebra from overhearing very, very little from my brother's tutor; every action I make is 'smart'. I could be in a battle of intelligence against Hugo Grotius if I wasn't born a bloody woman." she cursed before grabbing another glass of champagne, making Sasha gasp.

"Marcy! that's your fourth glass!" Sasha reminded, Marcy just rolled her eyes before sipping the bubbly, golden liquor.

Sasha sighed, she crossed her arms as she looked at Marcy chug down her drink after she mumbled under her breath, the marchioness deciding to remind her of the only fact keeping herself sane in that moment.

"Don't you remember," Sasha began very quietly so others would not hear, looking at Marcy with a certain sort of look that caught her attention, "a mere two days ago, when we were in the park with Anne, she said she felt as if she must do this; do not make yourself upset over them." she insisted—and even though her voice was low, she still looked around to make sure no one heard, (which, luckily they did not).

Marcy let out an upset grunt, swirling around the half of champagne still in her cup, "That fact certainly does not make me feel any better, that means she is miserable out there!—which I can tell, despite the giddy face she's putting on..."

"Well," Sasha said, smiling softly at the princess, "perhaps they shall cease their dancing soon, and then she shall accompany us; that should certainly make you both feel better."

Marcy nodded, drinking the rest of her champagne before looking back at the couple on the floor, "Yes, I suppose they had been dancing for a while,"