Chapter 6 : You will Always be my Sister

When I first introduced myself, I told you I knew everyone's secrets, even the Queens!

Unfortunately for you, I am not quite ready to share those yet, however, I can tell you that there will be two very special guests at this week's Royal Picnic.

I do hope you have gotten an invitation, because it will be absolutely thrilling!!

—Lady Feicuiton Societt Papers—
—21 July 1813—

Anne stared up at her ceiling, her mind full with thoughts of Sasha, which was usually fine!—she usually thought of her grace all the time, except this time, it was keeping her awake.

It must've been 2 in the morning for how long she had been shifting in bed, trying to find a comfortable position, huffing when her brain wouldn't silence itself, and finally giving up and just staring at the ceiling.

She couldn't help it, Sasha was just so exciting, so beautiful, so perfect, and she couldn't stop thinking about the ball three days ago.

~~~

Sasha relaxed farther into the soft ground, leaning her head back so far the grass on the floor poked her face, "You're quite beautiful too." she told me.

I obviously snickered, giving her grace a playful smirk as I responded in a sort of mocking tone, "Oh yes, I know, I know, I am a Diamond after all~!" I joked, but Sasha just agreed, "You are,"

I immediately blushed at the realness in her voice, it seemed like she truly thought I was a Diamond, and I just watched with large shocked eyes as Sasha bashfully looked at the grass, lying on her side towards me, "you are truly a diamond, Anne, I believe you think you are not and that Lady Feicuiton was being dramatic—but you truly are,"

Sasha sighed as she flipped to her back, looking up at the starlit sky, the moon beaming on her and showing off her stunning features, she was absolutely breathtaking, I had to carefully control my breaths as the marchioness continued, "not only are you flawless and beautiful in your complexion, but your personality is flawless and beautiful as well..." she looked at me without moving her head, staring into my eyes as she muttered, "you truly are perfect... a Diamond."

"...You talk about how I am flawless but..." I turned to my side, smiling at Sasha with a grin I couldn't even hope to cover, "you are the one who is flawless;" I whispered with a small chuckle before continuing, "did you read Lady Feicuiton's paper this morning?" Sasha simply nodded, and I let out another giggle, "Well, what she said was true," I looked down at my pink dress, blushing as I admitted, "If I or you were a man, I think we'd be married, in fact... I'd love it if we were married."

When I looked back up and saw Sasha's shocked and flushed expression, I completely realized what I had exactly said, I covered my mouth with a gasp, sitting up immediately, I had to correct myself! what if she thought I was improper? what if she thought I was a lesbian?? "B-but not like that of course!! I am in love with Alexander after all! and I would never-"

"It's okay," Sasha told me, much calmer than my distressed speaking, her grace sat up and put her hand on top of my own that was resting on my lap, squeezing it lightly with a smile, "I'd also love to marry you."

~~~

"Ugh...!" Anne groaned, tugging down on her burning face, and sinking farther into her feather-stuffed pillow. Why was this still in her mind? especially the words Sasha said...